Votes: 6 50.0%
  • client (outlook, eudora, evolution)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • i live under a rock and even try to drive polls off-topic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tommyj27

Not really Banned
what do you use for your primary email account(s)? webmail or a mail client? i used to be pretty anti-webmail but since the advent of gmail it has become my primary client, with all my other accounts forwarded to it.

Inkara1

I download all the mail from my Fresno State address and my SBC/Yahoo! address into Outlook Express, but I have to use the webmail interfaces to get to the spam filter folders to make sure something legit didn't end up in there (it tends to with the Fresno State one).

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I still like/use OE for mail...Gmail is nice, I do like it though. The autoupdate wiped out most of what I hated about webmail, the having to refresh, but I guess old habits die hard.

I had a hard time deciding between options 2 and 3.

ResearchMonkey

I have all my mail forwarded from 4 different SMTP/POP3 servers/domains (~12 accounts) to just one central server, I get it from there. same for the wife. We also have the gmail but have only used it minimally so far.

BeardofPants

I use both. Would prefer to use the gmail, but like having the instant access without having to use a browser to access it.

MrBishop

Webmail (yahoo and gmail) for stuff that I need to verify anywhere. My local ISP TCP/IP for family and stuff. If it's not rushy...it'll go home.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
MrBishop said:
Webmail (yahoo and gmail) for stuff that I need to verify anywhere. My local ISP TCP/IP for family and stuff. If it's not rushy...it'll go home.
That's pretty well what I do. Family is about the only ones to have my isp addy. Otherwise I use gmail, yahoo or hotmail depending on the spam risk. If there isn't a need to verify the addy, but a site requires an email, I use [email protected]

brownjenkins

i use imap through my ISP and set it to save on the webmail server so i don't lose the stuff on the web after i check at home (outlook on the pc and built-in mail client on the mac)... works pretty well for me... got one "junk" account set up that i use whenever i order stuff online or sign up for websites... two i use as a general contact email for different message boards... and one for close contacts... 25MB each, so not too bad if i remember to clean out the webmail portion from time to time

catocom

I use webmail mostly. It's much safer.
I do have several IMAP setups in OE, but I check them on the web before I sync. ;)