Weekend Plans!

HomeLAN

My microwave took a shit Friday night. Saturday was R&R - not much doing, but yesterday was a small oddessey of trying to find a damned replacement and then installing the bitch.

Yay.

Inkara1

Leslie said:
Speaking of microwaves, I don't suppose I can nuke corn on the cob, can I?

Sure you can! :D

I should mention that I've nuked a cassette tape before, too...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's what I thought. It was just too damned hot today to cook it on the stove. I think I'll try grilling it tomorrow, thanks!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. It was just too damned hot today to cook it on the stove. I think I'll try grilling it tomorrow, thanks!

When you BBQ it leave all of the husks on, that's the best way.

Piper

I'll never have corn any other way ... grilling is the best. Going to try a Paula Dean recipie next time, involves mayo tho... kinda hesitant... but heck everything i've tried of hers has been great.

A.B.Normal

Leslie said:
Speaking of microwaves, I don't suppose I can nuke corn on the cob, can I?

One guy at work microwaves them in the husks and swears by it.It might be worth the experiment and you can always give it to Paul or the youngest kid.:cool4:

tonksy

Piper said:
I'll never have corn any other way ... grilling is the best. Going to try a Paula Dean recipie next time, involves mayo tho... kinda hesitant... but heck everything i've tried of hers has been great.
Never trust a southerner who says pe-CAN instead of pe-CAHN.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
No I haven't.

PF (Pre-Fire) I was in the process of printing out recipes from Paula and from Marvin whats-his-name on TBS. I figure between the two of them, the recipes I have from my grandmother and other relatives, and a couple of old Baptist church/volunteer fire department cookbooks that ought to cover anything I'll ever need to cook. Gimme an 80 year old lady who raised kids for a career over some overweight yankee twit screaming at garlic anyday.

tonksy

I like Alton Brown. He was raised in the south and takes a scientific look at cooking. I have learned more from him than anyone besides my first mother in law.