Welcome to the Brave New World

Where is Jose Padilla?

Locked up. He was held for over 3 years without charges.

A federal appeals court yesterday backed the president's power to indefinitely detain a U.S. citizen captured on U.S. soil without any criminal charges.

You supported this happening, so don't bother talking to us about Liberty.

Always found this definition interesting
"The term 'unlawful enemy combatant' means — (i) a person who has engaged in hostilities or who has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States or its co-belligerents who is not a lawful enemy combatant (including a person who is part of the Taliban, al-Qaida, or associated forces); or(ii) a person who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense." ...

"The term 'lawful enemy combatant' means a person who is — (A) a member of the regular forces of a State party engaged in hostilities against the United States;(B) a member of a militia, volunteer corps, or organized resistance movement belonging to a State party engaged in such hostilities, which are under responsible command, wear a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance, carry their arms openly, and abide by the law of war; or(C) a member of a regular armed force who professes allegiance to a government engaged in such hostilities, but not recognized by the United States."​
So..unless you're wearing a uniform and are part of a recognized militia..the moment that you do anything against an invading force, you're considered an illegal enemy combatant and can be arrested and held indefinitely without trial, regardless of citizenship.

For the pro-gun people..the right to bear arms argument that states that arms are used to protect the populace against an unjust GVT ... got wiped. Any GVT from this point forward can quash any internal revolution in the USA by merely making anyone involved 'disappear'. Fun, eh.

nah bish it don't work that way. the government here is the good guys.

they're good because they hunt them terroristas. go team!

and of course they're also good when they hunt them FLDS perverts. and guys like randy weaver. go team!

it's all good. no contradictions anywhere. rights is rights.

3 1/2 years without charges.

I'm not sure what exactly about this is unclear to you.

"A federal appeals court yesterday backed the president's power to indefinitely detain a U.S. citizen captured on U.S. soil without any criminal charges."

Back to square one.

Name one.

read up on the Alien and Sedition Acts. None of this is new. At least here, we have a war.

Back to square one.

Name one.

Did that, 3 1/2 years without charges. Done.

read up on the Alien and Sedition Acts. None of this is new. At least here, we have a war.

That's the best excuse you can come up with for completely ignoring the Constitution? Once again, you are the last person here that should ever be talking about liberty.

He's been charged & found guilty which erases the terms you set forth.

What excuse? I made a statement of fact & a suggestion. None of this is new. It's all been done before. It's all been fixed. As I also said, at least this time, we're in the middle of a war, which by its very nature, changes the rules we live under. Always has, always will.

He's been charged & found guilty which erases the terms you set forth.

What terms would it erase? Actually what it does is clearly document that the president already has held a US citizen indefinitely without charges. 3 and a half years. Thanks to the ruling he can now do it to any citizen any time.

What excuse? I made a statement of fact & a suggestion. None of this is new. It's all been done before. It's all been fixed.

What you did was refence another un-Contitutional Act that has nothing to do with holding US citizens indefinitely without charges. You've shown nothing where this has been done before.

There is actually nothing to indicate this will be "fixed" except wishful thinking but at least you've admitted that it is broken. Why would you support something that breaks our Constitution?

As I also said, at least this time, we're in the middle of a war, which by its very nature, changes the rules we live under. Always has, always will.

There is absolutely nothing about our offensive operations that justifies you freely and blithely giving up our Constitutional rights and freedoms.

Back