We've seen the Dixie tests...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawhney89

Ways to Annoy Yankees:
courtesy of: www.countryhumor.com

1. Refer to EVERY soft drink as a Coke
2. When they talk nostalgically about the North, tell them Delta is ready when they are.
3. Talk REAL slow, and ask them to speak more slowly so you can understand what they're saying.
4. Take your own sweet time
5. Always order sweet tea and/or grits. When they don't have it, raise a ruckus!
6. Offer to send up a bottle of fresh air.
7. Talk loudly and often about SEC football and ACC basketball
8. Insist on being addressed by your first AND middle name. ( For example: Lisa Marie - John Michael - Jim Bob )
9. Frequently bring up "The War of Northern Aggression" in conversation. If anyone ever says the words "Civil War" Always interject that "there weren't nothing Civil about it."
10. Address all males as "son" and women as "little lady."
11. Everyone you see eating Yankee Food like cream of wheat or clam chowder say "yoo weeee!! That ain't fit to eat!"
12. Tell em we use to have a lot of prostitutes in the south but the Yankees came down and married them all.

Inkara1

Leslie said:
You're Canadian When...

You drive on a highway, not a freeway.
I do that fairly often. By definition, a freeway is a "limited-access divided highway"... in other words, muliple lanes with a divider in the center, and the only way to get on it is via an onramp and the only way to get off it is via and offramp. If those conditions are not all met, it's a highway.

You know what a Robertson screwdriver is.
I know what that is too... and yes, those kind of screws strip too.

You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.
To expand a bit on it, from the info I've been able to find, if you pay cash instead of with a card, they give you three percent of the transaction in Canadian Tire Money. If you pay with a card, that three percent is what they pay Visa or MasterCard for the privilege of accepting their cards.

You know Toronto is NOT a province.
I do... but you guys DO live in Toronto as far as I'm concerned... the same way that our Atlanta crew lives in Atlanta.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Inkara1 said:
I do... but you guys DO live in Toronto as far as I'm concerned... the same way that our Atlanta crew lives in Atlanta.

Nope, it's a canadian thing, if you don't live in Toronto, you hate Toronto.

AllEars'

paul_valaru said:
Nope, it's a canadian thing, if you don't live in Toronto, you hate Toronto.

It's a yankee thing if you don't live in Dixie, your suppose to hate Dixie.

If it's okay one way it should work both ways.

tonksy

I think that New England clam chowder is the best yankee invention next to buffalo wings.
The milk in a bag really threw me at first...but now I think that it's actually a pretty decent from of packaging and I would buy it like that if they sold it here...of course, I would wish the bag wasn't clear as that can help the milk to spoil quicker.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
rrfield said:
You might be a Yankee if...

A war that was waged 140 years ago has little bearing on your day to day life and/or mental outlook and/or opinion of others based only on location.

IMO...

That is a short sighted, self serving statement made in ignorance. I don't hold that against you, as I lived in that ignorance for 36 years.

Following your logic, I will assume that the outcome of the Revolutionary War had no bearing on your day to day life either. That had things gone differently, you would be happy as a clam being under the rule of the British Crown. That, in fact, to even suggest otherwise and to yearn for independence would make you somehow...wrong.

We wanted, and still want, nothing more than what the original 13 colonies wanted. If that's so hard to grasp, then there's a good chance the fault doesn't lie with me. That one person is more worthy of respect based solely on where they live is not my concept. That too is 140 years old...actually, generations older which you would know if you bothered to read and understand. In that, I suggest that I am not the one who is letting biases get in the way. If that notion doesn't sit well, then maybe the fault for that isn't mine either.

I've said, and shall continue to say, things that don't sit well. Tough shit. If it puts you or anyone else on uncomfortable ground, then either formulate a consistent rebuttal, accept the fact that just maybe I'm right, or ignore it completely. You're presumably an adult (haven't looked at your profile, but what I know of you indicates that you are over 18) - with that status comes the ability and the responsibility to make your own decisions. If you choose to make them with 20% knowledge, that's your business. Foolishness is far from rare. If you refuse to see what is plainly in front of you, that too is not my fault.

Know this, however.

My ancestors fought, bled, suffered, and died for freedom. Freedom denied. Denied by a central government who defends the rights of Iraqis, Tiawanese, Poles, Vietnamese, Koreans, and dozens of other peoples to have the very things they denied "their brethren in the South". I cannot stomach that, and I fail to understand how any advanced thinking American can tolerate it...unless it's hatred. That freedom still is withheld, and I will fight for it any and every way I can for as long as I can whether it sits well with you or not. I don't recall Sherman worrying too much about the feelings of the crippled, elderly, and female civilians he robbed, raped, and slaughtered. I ain't robbed, raped, or killed anybody and already I'm catching hell.

Must be doing something right, eh?

Deo vindice.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Is this where I'm supposed to grovel?

As I said earlier in a different thread, I don't get paid per subscriber. Do what you have to do to sleep at night. It matters less to me than a fart in a tornado.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The freedom from Washington oppression.

The freedom to be an independent nation like we were for four years.

The freedom to have our children taught the truth in school.

Sovereignty.

Just unimportant stuff like that. Nothing you'd ever miss.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Don't I rail against Washington oppression enough around here?

an independent nation...no. Rebellion.

We homeschool. The publik educashion system can bite me.

spike

SouthernN'Proud said:
The freedom from Washington oppression.

The freedom to be an independent nation like we were for four years.

The freedom to have our children taught the truth in school.

Sovereignty.

Just unimportant stuff like that. Nothing you'd ever miss.

What washington oppression?

What percentage of the southern population currently wants to be an independent nation?

Who's approving your schools textbooks?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
Don't I rail against Washington oppression enough around here?

an independent nation...no. Rebellion.

You say potato, I say tater.

We homeschool. The publik educashion system can bite me.

Teach 'em anything different? I'd bet five bucks (your hero again) that they learn the same myths taught in public schools on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.