We've seen the Dixie tests...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altron

My grandparents lived in South Carolina for some time. Long enough that my dad watches Nascar while speaking in a Southern accent from time to time.

Like once every few months, I find him on the couch with a beer shouting "There ain't nothin' stock about a stock car! Tires! Tires wins the race!"

spike

Professur said:
If that's wrong .... I don't wanna be right.

I'll try it for sure if I see it at a restaraunt but I don't have a lot of faith that I'm gonna like it.

I had a roomate friend from England for awhile who liked Marmite. I'd eat it almost every day just so I could tell him how awful it was again.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
spike said:
I'll try it for sure if I see it at a restaraunt but I don't have a lot of faith that I'm gonna like it.

I had a roomate friend from England for awhile who liked Marmite. I'd eat it almost every day just so I could tell him how awful it was again.

don't try it at a restaurant, unless you happen to be in Quebec.

Fresh cut potatoes, skins on fried in lard (yes, lard) cheese curds chicken gravy,

half of fries in bowl half cheese curds other half of fries other half of cheese curds smother in HOT gravy.

enjoy, and then go see your cardiologist.

Professur

paul_valaru said:
don't try it at a restaurant, unless you happen to be in Quebec.

Fresh cut potatoes, skins on fried in lard (yes, lard) cheese curds chicken gravy,

half of fries in bowl half cheese curds other half of fries other half of cheese curds smother in HOT gravy.

enjoy, and then go see your cardiologist.

La Belle Province. Yeah Baby!!!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Teach 'em anything different? I'd bet five bucks (your hero again) that they learn the same myths taught in public schools on the topic.

He learns the truth, all of it. Lincoln feed the southern slaves while Congress was passing a Constitutional amendment freeing all people. from the bondage of slavery :p

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
He learns the truth, all of it. Lincoln feed the southern slaves while Congress was passing a Constitutional amendment freeing all people. from the bondage of slavery :p

Emancipation proclomation 1863

13th amendment 1865

most northen states had already abolished slavery locally.
*edit* doing more research
all the border states had freed there own slaves already, save kentucky which did so in december 1865

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I bow to the superior historical gleanings of a Canadian who has spent twelve minutes researching the topic. How could I possibly think I know anything compared to that?

1865, 1868...no difference there at all. Almost as long as we had a government of our own, but really, no big deal. What'sa three year error between friends?

Y'all excuse me for the remainder of the day, I'll be puking.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Cheese curds kinda freak me out. When I was about 6 I went to an independent cheese place to see how they made cheese. (family fun summer vacation :blank: ).

I saw them making cheese at the point where they remove the curds. I've not been able to eat one. I think melted would be more palatable.

rrfield

mmm cheese curds. Fond memories of county fairs in Wisconsin and of course Cheese Days in Monroe.

Poutine - had some at a hole-in-the-wall diner in Ignace, Ont. Pretty good, made me poop by Upsula though.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
You guys go way too far north. I've never heard of Upsula. Only heard of Ignace from fluffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.