What are you listening to right now?

yeah, same here...if i like the music, i buy it.
it still beats mp3 at quality big time :)

and i'm a freak who likes original covers...
plus i like to support some bands, foo fighters for instance, they deserve it :) and with them a lot of other artists as well :)

I don't have $200 to go and buy CDs with. And yes, I don't DL U2 songs, I buy their CDs because they are cool band!
I like to DL one or two songs from an album, and put them in my playlist. I don't DL entire albums, or burn copies of my CDs. ANd right now i'm listening to Good CHarlotte, and I do have the CD. Really. I got it free from a record company, but...

no, i've been thinking about moving this thread for quite a while now, and with the latest huge posting series of altron and vortex it suited the KK better, which is for "oversized and over zealous threads" :)

then you cut it at the point where it went awry and make a new thread from the fluff... you don't kick a 1000 post monster to the curb because the last 20 posts wernt on target. How does this justify being here when the 'guess who' thread is allowed to live? That thread has nothing to do with entertainment.

the KK was created among other things for huge oversized threads like these...i didn't kick it because the last 20 posts weren't on target, but because it was used more and more by people just to post 10 posts directly after eachother of what they were listening to.

it was a right move, and i'm sorry if you feel otherwise

I unsubscribed to the "quess who" thread because I thought it was boring...
This is Off Topic Central, so shouldn't we be allowed to get off topic. That is the purpose of this forum, to get offf topic. And a prettty damn good purpose too :)

Shadowfax said:
the KK was created among other things for huge oversized threads like these...i didn't kick it because the last 20 posts weren't on target, but because it was used more and more by people just to post 10 posts directly after eachother of what they were listening to.

If it had become no more than rapid posting fluff in your eyes.. lock it down. Merely moving it doesnt apply a governor on the posting speed that you feel is inappropriate. You have accomplished absolutely nothing in the end. Its a move of pure window dressing. It was the least of all options that you had at your disposal.

unclehobart said:
Shadowfax said:

If it had become no more than rapid posting fluff in your eyes.. lock it down. Merely moving it doesnt apply a governor on the posting speed that you feel is inappropriate. You have accomplished absolutely nothing in the end. Its a move of pure window dressing. It was the least of all options that you had at your disposal.

Yeah, the thread is still goign to amke 16 posts per day!
:rofl:

unclehobart said:

remember what happened when the 10k posts thread was locked down?
well? yeah, exactly. everybody started complaining that it was locked. and so it was reopened again....
which is the exact reason why i MOVED this thread to the KK which is CREATED among other things for threads like these...
so no matter whether i closed or moved it, there will always be people who won't agree. this was the best option, not the least.

Back