What aspects of your life will be tied to health care costs?

2minkey

bootlicker
obviously, it's all about fucking over older white christian males. duh...

let us again count the ways we are victim.

let us not even consider the radical imbalances between money devoted to research and treatment of male vs. female conditions that is historical fact.

just take the pill, girlies, it's a solution to damned near everything.

no, no, we are victim. again and again.

...and there was a request for serious responses...

:rofl2:

MrBishop

Mr B, this isn't Canada.
We'll see.

Granted...but also understand that none of this is meant to replace existing medical insurance at all. It's meant to fill in the gaps in existing health-care.

Universal Single-payer Health-care would've been a kick to the head of existing health-care insurance companies..but still wouldn't have killed them.

ResearchMonkey

you're right about that, it isn't designed to replace the current private insurance options, its designed to destroy the current insureance options leaving only single payer. It;s design is more akin to the metamorphism of Mothra.

mosurai.jpg

RUN!!!!!

jimpeel

obviously, it's all about fucking over older white christian males. duh...

let us again count the ways we are victim.

let us not even consider the radical imbalances between money devoted to research and treatment of male vs. female conditions that is historical fact.

just take the pill, girlies, it's a solution to damned near everything.

no, no, we are victim. again and again.

...and there was a request for serious responses...

:rofl2:

No problem. When it comes to your prostate just do what the government tells you to do. "Sit on it and rotate."

MrBishop

How do you know that? Says who?

You currently have 1/10th of your population without health insurance. Not because they don't want it, nor because they don't see the necessity for it..but because they are refused it due to 'pre-existing conditions' or the expensive work-arounds to those conditions (Having to pay more for minimal insurance).

Part of what this does is remove the barriers to access. The insurance companies can't refuse entry to the system, nor deny claims based on so-called pre-existing conditions. For them, it's going to be a cash-cow. Wo0t..new customers.

It's not like this says "Thou shalt buy only GVT insurance!"

What I can see happening is people leaving their overpriced personal insurance plans and going for the gvt option. That's capitalism for ya.

2minkey

bootlicker
No problem. When it comes to your prostate just do what the government tells you to do. "Sit on it and rotate."

perhaps they'll contact you as an expert to help develop the program.

but should the government be commenting on "the heart and soul of every man" as you've posited the prostate?

yes, when they contact you, you must refuse!!!!

catocom

You currently have 1/10th of your population without health insurance. Not because they don't want it, nor because they don't see the necessity for it..but because they are refused it due to 'pre-existing conditions' or the expensive work-arounds to those conditions (Having to pay more for minimal insurance).

I'd like to see the break-down on that stat you are referring to.
Got a link?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Granted...but also understand that none of this is meant to replace existing medical insurance at all. It's meant to fill in the gaps in existing health-care.

Universal Single-payer Health-care would've been a kick to the head of existing health-care insurance companies..but still wouldn't have killed them.

Curious...how much does your government support your insurnace industry? When more money goes out than comes in, as will happen in your scenario, somebody has to make up th ediffernce.

jimpeel

Part of what this does is remove the barriers to access. The insurance companies can't refuse entry to the system, nor deny claims based on so-called pre-existing conditions. For them, it's going to be a cash-cow. Wo0t..new customers.

It's not like this says "Thou shalt buy only GVT insurance!"

What I can see happening is people leaving their overpriced personal insurance plans and going for the gvt option. That's capitalism for ya.

All you have to do is completely ignore the numbers of the young and healthy who do not see the need for health insurance and choose not to buy it.

I went without health insurance for the first 57 years of my life. I was a cash customer if I needed to go to the doctor. The money I chose to save by not buying what I didn't want, and didn't need, went to the things that I did want, and did need.

By the way, your "10%" figure includes illegal immigrants. The actual figure is closer to 6%; but even 1% would likely be unacceptable to you.

MrBishop

Curious...how much does your government support your insurnace industry? When more money goes out than comes in, as will happen in your scenario, somebody has to make up th ediffernce.

It doesn't support it. Health Insurance covers two parts... items not currently 100% covered by Universal ((high-end *jumping the queue* tests in private clinics like MRIs, angiograms, plus aids like crutches, wheelchairs plus services not covered at all like dental, glasses, orthopedic shoes etc.) .. plus travel insurance. The second is drugs/medication.

Health Insurance companies generally don't do JUST health insurance, but life, mortgage insurance, car etc..as well. They do quite well, financially.

As for the second part. Health Insurance is exactly like a Ponzi scheme. They do everything possible to make sure that they have more money coming in than going out...much like any other type of company.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It doesn't support it. Health Insurance covers two parts... items not currently 100% covered by Universal ((high-end *jumping the queue* tests in private clinics like MRIs, angiograms, plus aids like crutches, wheelchairs plus services not covered at all like dental, glasses, orthopedic shoes etc.) .. plus travel insurance. The second is drugs/medication.

It doesn't support it? Re-read what you wrote.

Your insurance is like the Meidcare gap coverage.

MrBishop

Our GVT doesn't put a penny into the Insurance companies..those live on their own profits. Taxes don't 'support' insurance companies.

I suppose that it's similar to the 'gap coverage'. :shrug:

Winky

All aspects of your life will be tied to health care costs.

only laissez-faire capitalism is fully compatible with Western civilization

2minkey

bootlicker
Re: All aspects of your life will be tied to health care costs.

only laissez-faire capitalism is fully compatible with Western civilization

try telling that to george zip.

airplane.jpg

(and germany, the UK, sweden, et cetera...)