what do you think?

Very, they said I was a genius.

so I forwarded to my boss, next week, I get to use pencils, instead of crayons

peterska2 said:
dunno.

have you got one that we can try and then i'll tell you if i agree or not?

hell, i just did a yahoo search, i think.... i'm satisfied with my score, just curious as to its credibilty

Genius

They dont' work, and they are more of a socio-economic test than an intelligence quotient.

They were designed to test middle class caucasians, and really don't factor well with other races, or economic groups.

(took psych in school)

I have to agree with Paul there.

Correct tests are 1-on-1 only, timed and will give you three scores. Your median is meant to be your "IQ", although the range can be quite wide bewteen your low score and your high score.

My last IQ test took 2 hours, my high score was a 134, my low was a 112 and the middle was 127

which gives me a score of 124.33 . This was for my ADHD test..which I have. I'm told that I failed because of my auditory retention factor. Got a few tricks to use to help out.

I take notes all the damn time....even if I never look at teh notes again, my retention goes from about 45% to about 80% ecause of the visual aid. Mnemonics work great as well, especailly for names.

My Internet IQ tests tend to be over exagerated because they are 100% visual.

:D My offical score is 143, most tests hit close or even on the nail, i've done a few and got 160+ which i know is BS as my dad hit 180 as well and hes a 160ish dude.

its okay, i don't need a test to tell me i'm smarter than most of the jackasses i run into. not you charming people, of course.

Those tests are a joke. They only measure you problem solving cognitive ability and matematical reaches. Your IQ is your cognitive appliance to every task being thrown at you and how well you you finish that task...even poorly completing that task meausres or shows nothing. IQ is a near myth like state of numbers because it only meausres cerebral activity devoted to advance calculations. An artist could do poorly on the test and yet produce works of art that balance color and shadows and negative and positive space beautifully and produces masterpieces. Likewise a mathematician could do a horrible abstract piece of work.

Buttcrackdivine said:
Those tests are a joke. They only measure you problem solving cognitive ability and matematical reaches. Your IQ is your cognitive appliance to every task being thrown at you and how well you you finish that task...even poorly completing that task meausres or shows nothing. IQ is a near myth like state of numbers because it only meausres cerebral activity devoted to advance calculations. An artist could do poorly on the test and yet produce works of art that balance color and shadows and negative and positive space beautifully and produces masterpieces. Likewise a mathematician could do a horrible abstract piece of work.

foe example, idiot savants??

Back