What drives you NUTS about internet communication?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
For me it's people who type with an accent...UGH no matter how you SAY it due to your accent it's STILL SPELLED THE SAME as everyone else spells it!! A little drop in of "aboot" or something once in awhile makes me laugh but whole posts "typed in an accent" make me want to punch things. How about you?

PEOPLE THAT TYPE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME AND USE NO PUNCUATION AND SAY THINGS LIKE THAT TOTALLY SUXXORS!!!!!!1111!!!! ALL YOUR LACK OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS ARE BELONG TO US!!!11!!

tonksy said:
PEOPLE THAT TYPE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME AND USE NO PUNCUATION AND SAY THINGS LIKE THAT TOTALLY SUXXORS!!!!!!1111!!!! ALL YOUR LACK OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS ARE BELONG TO US!!!11!!

:rofl4: It's true!

In spanish: Bad ortography.
In english: your/you're, they're/their/there.

Nixy said:
For me it's people who type with an accent...UGH no matter how you SAY it due to your accent it's STILL SPELLED THE SAME as everyone else spells it!!

Well I reckon I c'n type however th'spirit moves me t'type, young'n, an' if'n y'all don' caire fer it none then it ain't no skin off'n mah nose. I already done got nuff folk atellin' me th'way I tawk ain't proper 'n all that. I look at it thisaway...I'm t'home down hyar, so I ain't the one with a accent...y'all are. If it p'turbs ye, then git back in y'Navigator an go back t'Michigan or C'neticit or wharever y'from...I didn't ast'y down hyar in th' first place.

:evilcool:

Kudos to Esse & Pee Pee!

Eye couldn't ah said it beater meself.

Knot that eye wouldn't a tried.

txt speak annoys me, that and 12-year old fangirls (not so much a problem on this board, but they tend to overrun boards like my Tolkien board) who can't spell for shit :grumpy:

Mis-spellings...I want to go & edit (sometimes I do :guilty: )

That & having to put out good hard earned money for a Winklestein Decoder Ring.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Well I reckon I c'n type however th'spirit moves me t'type, young'n, an' if'n y'all don' caire fer it none then it ain't no skin off'n mah nose. I already done got nuff folk atellin' me th'way I tawk ain't proper 'n all that. I look at it thisaway...I'm t'home down hyar, so I ain't the one with a accent...y'all are. If it p'turbs ye, then git back in y'Navigator an go back t'Michigan or C'neticit or wharever y'from...I didn't ast'y down hyar in th' first place.

:evilcool:

I never said I had a problem with how you SPEAK, I said that no matter how you pronounce it the words are SPELLED the same everywhere.

Oh, just the usual stuff... u and ur instead of you and you're... your/you're... too/two/too... 75Renegade-ese (I know he was a well-respected member of the board but his manner of typing made my eyes glaze over)... posts slamming someone else's spelling, grammar and punctuation that contain errors themselves... you know, the usual. Keep in mind that part of my job is copy-editing, so I have to fix that kind of stuff.

Back