Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Entertainment

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Technical

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
greenfreak said:
I stay away from the Real World as a rule, it takes a certain strength to take part in that forum and not be reduced to a quivering mass in a corner and I'm just not that strong. :D

Sammy, you already know what I think about the spam, fluff threads and the cutesy banter lately. You're right, it is the members that are in control of that. And that is what a majority of the members want right now. So people like me who don't want that are quite outnumbered. You'll notice I do post in subjects that may interest me or start threads here and there. I'm not just sitting back and bitching about it. But after making an effort for a while that gets you nowhere, why keep trying? I guess you don't, and you just quietly go about your business.

As far as other members who trash this place every chance they get, (I have never done so so I don't think you're referring to me) they can always stop coming back. Unless they *need* more material to complain about and then they'll come back again and again to the place that they hate. They should question whether this place really sucks or whether they really need to *think* this place sucks and whine about it for their own self gratification or feeling of superiority. With some people, there's a pattern those are the ones who should be ignored. Otherwise, you're only giving them what they want, right? We've seen this before. And we'll see it again.

Btw, nice to see you posting. ;) You need to do some more of that too you know. :D

nah greenie wasnt refering to you. its just been the last couple of days ive seen at sites that have migrated OT here some complaints. And usually its someone that hasnt posted but a few post. so i try not to let it get to me, but it does and i come in and do a little venting. :) And generally i feel better.
Its nice to have a few extra stolen minutes in the day to do some posting. hell i fell like a newb some times when i post.

Ms Ann Thrope said:
I like the threads you start, Bish, best of all... :D

That's part of why I posted this one up. Trying to see if I'm heading in the right direction with my recent posts, or if I'm just tickin' people off and looking like a spammer while I'm at it.

Trying to find a balance between relevant and fun. 'Tis not an easy path to find, nor one to follow.

I am finding myself more often on the Real World forum, though I should visit some of the technology forum more. I'm a technofetishist at heart...love the hard sciences, though theorems on Geophysics and Plate Tectonics just don't seem to play well here on OTC. :crying4:

unclehobart said:
I like the threads where it feels like Im having a good dinner conversation with friends. That falls neither into fluff nor 'fighting'. Its just a nice flowing exchange of ideas laced with wit, jabs, drama, and KY jelly.
AnomalousEntity said:
4)Threads like this one where surprise response like Tonks make me unexpectedly laugh and spill my drink.
What they said.

Rose said:
'Cept I have this damned "Stuck in the Middle with You" song in my head now. *lol*
Glad I'm not the only one now.....wow. ;)

I'm for a little of everything, but more towards discussions (not necessarily serious) rather than chat.

Rose said:
Not a bad place indeed. 'Cept I have this damned "Stuck in the Middle with You" song in my head now. *lol*

god damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!

now I have the overwhelming urge to:

a) watch Resevoir Dogs

b) cut someones ear off

I like my threads. Not to be arrogant but i enjoy my threads because i have noticed that the issues in them bring out the seriosu and thoughtful side of OTC.

I have no one but OTC members to thank for that.

paul_valaru said:
god damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!

now I have the overwhelming urge to:

a) watch Resevoir Dogs

b) cut someones ear off

i got the dvd for the movie but im fond of my ears. esp when a girl takls to me

MrBishop said:
That's part of why I posted this one up. Trying to see if I'm heading in the right direction with my recent posts, or if I'm just tickin' people off and looking like a spammer while I'm at it.
If someone has a problem with your posts (which I doubt), is it really your problem? :D

MrBishop said:
I am finding myself more often on the Real World forum, though I should visit some of the technology forum more. I'm a technofetishist at heart...love the hard sciences, though theorems on Geophysics and Plate Tectonics just don't seem to play well here on OTC. :crying4:
maybe you should try :nerd:

that said, i like most any topic here. although i tend to avoid anything with a subject line containing: Iraq, terrorism, rock-hard-man-love, etc.

unclehobart said:
I like the threads where it feels like Im having a good dinner conversation with friends. That falls neither into fluff nor 'fighting'. Its just a nice flowing exchange of ideas laced with wit, jabs, drama, and KY jelly.

Well said unc...I'll ditto that.

I wish I could have more time to post :(

To answer your question, I like threads that are not so serious but also not so stupid, when there's a substance in the thread, wether it is something that would make me reason for a second or something that'd entertein me in some way.

i like threads that have no point to them and u can just say whatever. go from one subject to the next. i hate serious threads unless i'm fiesty for the day, then i like to argue. but for the most part i like the pointless ones. they are fun and entertaining.

now which would that be on the poll? fluffy threads?

I like various threads for different reasons - the funny & fluffy ones because it gives me an opportunity to just have fun & have a laugh or two.

The serious threads because I get to discuss issues that I am interested in & swap thoughts with people who have very different points of view. I might not always participate in the discussion - especially when it is about a topic concerning only a certain group of people, like the elections in California or topics pertinent to a group or country that doesn't really have an impact on me - but I'll still read through it to see what's up & learn something new.

The true fluff like the 10K post threads etc tend to annoy me, but I'll post in them from time to time, even if just to kill some time or alleviate boredom.

And I enjoy reading people's poems and stories, because the capacity the human mind has for being creative never fails to amaze me and I have true respect for people who are able to put down in words what they are feeling and put it out there for others to read and criticise.

tommyj27 said:
maybe you should try :nerd:

I've seen the science and technology forum here...it's more like a hardware and software thread. Precious little in the way of mechanics, physics, chemistry, geology etc...

I could always try and bolster it up a bit.

Gotta get Camelyn to visit again. She rocks on this stuff.

I like Fulffy!

Nah, I like 'em all really........Luckily Off Topic means that most threads go off on an unusual tangent anyway :swing:

re: what kind of threads do you like?

got to admit, i like the fluff, but the ideas created and given in the real world i really admire, it's great to see people giving their opinions and others either appreciating them of telling their views, it also makes me think about things aloit more, i love that/ i also like the bizarre and odd threads which are really off slant and not followable at all.
(NB i just love the people who have the balls or clit to give their opinion)

Back