What would you do?

highwayman

If somebody you don't know and never seen before knocks on your door asks AND begs to use one of your personal firearms. The reason given was a cat (claimed pet) is very sick and the person wanted to put the cat away...

no way in hell would i loan out a firearm.
i'd tell her to take it to the vet to be put down.

I'll go you one better.

If a complete stranger knocks on my door, there's a good chance he/she will be staring down the barrel of my firearm. To hell with the cat.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'll go you one better.

If a complete stranger knocks on my door, there's a good chance he/she will be staring down the barrel of my firearm. To hell with the cat.
Remind me to call first if I ever find myself down in your parts and try and look you up :)

I'd drop the apple and rhubarb pie right there. :p

I'd be wanting to know what he thinks he knows about my supply of firearms .... before I let him off the stoop.

Dave said:
no way in hell would i loan out a firearm.
i'd tell her to take it to the vet to be put down.

That was the first thing I brought up, take the cat to the vet and I don't know who she is...What it came down to was was the only thing I said was a big fat NO!! To whatever she said...

Jeebus christ, anyone wanna bet the person wanted to shoot someone's ass? I mean really, if she wanted to put her cat down, she coulda just wrung its neck or summin. You know, or take it to the vet.

BeardofPants said:
Jeebus christ, anyone wanna bet the person wanted to shoot someone's ass? I mean really, if she wanted to put her cat down, she coulda just wrung its neck or summin. You know, or take it to the vet.

Ah they could shoot one of the other neighbors and then tell CSI that they saw highwayman sneaking over there in camo gear. Then the murder weapon is found later at highwayman's house, registered to highwayman, and the killer says, "what the hell is he talking about. i don't even own a cat."

I like it.:flame:

Somewhere between Prof & the hillbilly...actually using both tactics would be where I stand.

They tried once. Here is the teacher after I got thru with him...

rambo.jpg

spike said:
Ah they could shoot one of the other neighbors and then tell CSI that they saw highwayman sneaking over there in camo gear. Then the murder weapon is found later at highwayman's house, registered to highwayman, and the killer says, "what the hell is he talking about. i don't even own a cat."

I like it.:flame:

There is one major flaw in this theory, they don't make cammo in my size...

Although it never hurts to have a second set of prints on a gun, I would never ever loan out a firearm to a stranger. It is reckless and most likely downright criminal to do so.

Back