Whats the oldest thing you own?

the oldest thing I have would have to be my Winnie-the-Pooh stuffed bear. It only has one ear, the hint of eyebrows, and very obvious open-heart surgery stitches. I've had it since my very first Christmas back in 1968 - He turns 36 this month.

Other than that, I have my Classical Nylon Acoustic guitar that my dad bought me when I was 9. Can't really think of anything else other than the pearls my mom gave me when I was 16, that her mom gave her on her 16th birthday. I recently gave my niece a single pearl that belonged to my grandmother, for whom she is named.

FluerVanderloo said:
That is amazing! (is a Titanic freak as well) Who would the author be, if I may ask? It isn't Ismay's book, is it?

It is entitled

Story of the Wreck of the Titanic
The Ocean's Greastest Disaster
Memorial Edition

Edited by Marshall Everett
Copyright, 1912 by L. H. Walker

Hmm ...

I have my grandmother's 'ukulele ... but I don't know how old it is.

I have my teddy bear that my aunty gave me as a child, almost 2 decades ago, that my daughter thinks is hers, but it's really mine.

I have an old photo album that my grammy gave me of my dad guys growing up.

I have this "LIFE" magazine from around 1932, it's cool looking at all the advertisements for things like bread and soup.

one day i shall have my great great grandmother's engagement ring...but now i won't take it because i'm too afraid i'd sell it.

Hmm... I have a couple of trilobyte fossil.

And a 486 with Windows 3.1 on it, there's a fossil for ya.

There's a lot there? Hm, I really never knew they were all too common. </science lesson>

Recently aquired some family photos that are a little over 100 years old. I have a big oval portrait of my Great Great Grandfather on my Mom's side. It was originally in a frame with bubble glass. My Aunt gave it to me just a couple of weeks before my Uncle passed away. I had it reframed in a beautiful frame with bubble glass. I showed it to my Aunt and she just balled her eyes out.....she said my Uncle would be so proud that I had it reframed.

I also have a matched pair of Royal Daulton vases my Granny gave me. Not sure how old they are or how much they're worth. I also used to have a pretty extensive coin collection. I think the oldest coin I had was a 1840 dime....had to sell the whole collection a few years ago when hard times hit.

BOP, you collect coins? I would love to have some of those Roman coins :nerd:

After a cursory glance about the humble abode, I realized I missed something on both fronts.

I have the little red rocking chair and a yellow cane-bottom chair I received on my third Christmas, making them items in my possession since circa 1969.

Also, I have my grandmother's old wash stand with mirror, pitcher and bowl. It supposedly was second hand when she got it, and she owned it in the 1940s, so best estimate is 1915 to 1920 era. The stand is home made, and the bowl and pitcher do not have dates stamped in them.

SouthernN'Proud said:
After a cursory glance about the humble abode, I realized I missed something on both fronts.

I have the little red rocking chair and a yellow cane-bottom chair I received on my third Christmas, making them items in my possession since circa 1969.

Also, I have my grandmother's old wash stand with mirror, pitcher and bowl. It supposedly was second hand when she got it, and she owned it in the 1940s, so best estimate is 1915 to 1920 era. The stand is home made, and the bowl and pitcher do not have dates stamped in them.

Antiques Roadshow!!!!!

I've still got the original Banana suit the Army used to issue G.I.'s for a PT uniform. I told my wife to ask here drill sergeant what one was. He told that was way before his time.

Back