When it comes to sleepin', would yer partner say yer a "Cuddler, or a "Loner"?

75renegade

It seemed pretty borin' when I posted this thread, but I think the topic may be worthy of a reply, (or not).

At any rate, I've kinda been in the habit of "Loner" a long time,...........like, a body pillow has satisfied my longings for comfort, for probably far too long.

Its not like, a habit that I anticipate will be quick or easy to "reform", though I'd like to.........

"Cuddler" is my nature, an' my prevailin' desire.........though I've no intention of kickin' my pillow out of bed durin' the interrim of transitional reforms, while acclamatin' to the new mentalities of marrital bonding. (though eventually , she'll find me to be a useful "Cuddler". (smile)

Bein' patient with myself, i anticipate, that the "need" fer the pillow will eventually be eroded, into somethin' more in keepin' with my cuddly nature.

'Ow 'bout you?

75renegade

Leslie said:
when i'm going to seleep i'm a loner but when i'm sleeping i';m a cuddler :D

Interestin' viewpoint Les.

What causes ya to play the Loner part, at first, if yer a "cuddler" by nature? Any clues?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
i can't sleep wsith someone all over me...comfort i guess...but when i'ma asleep i'm drawn to the skin and the body heattt, never ereally thought about it

75renegade

Spot said:
Diana is like that. i usually end up balancing on the edge of the mattress.

I believe that is the mark of a true lover, Spot! Rock-on, all mattress-edge sleepers!

May yer sacrificial repute never be soiled!!:headbang:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My wife and I are the same, while we're going to sleep it's leave me alone, but we wake up holding each other most mornings.

75renegade

PuterTutor said:
My wife and I are the same, while we're going to sleep it's leave me alone, but we wake up holding each other most mornings.

Aww PT..........that's so beautiful bro!:)

Jeslek

Banned
Cuddle. I will either hold or be held. With girls it is more often holding them, and with guys either way so I pick being held then to balance off.

Nothing more wonderful than sleeping in a friend's arms. And with sleep I mean sleep ok?

BlurOfSerenity

i agree, jeslek, whoever initially corrupted the term "sleeping with" someone, shoud be shot, even if they're already dead.

sleeping = sleeping.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Have to have space when I fall asleep... I like the house cold, and the bedroom colder. Can't stand all the extra body heat when I'm trying to fall asleep.

So I usually take the edge of the bed... that is, if I don't kick em out before I go to sleep. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I like to cuddle a bit first when i get in bed but when I am going to sleep I generally need to be not touching (although my desire for cuddling usually wins over my need for coolness whilst sleeping so i don't tend to sleep well with others yet). I have never woken up in someone's arms. Always on my own side of the bed and them on theirs. For two reasons, as I said, I need coolness and also I tend to move a lot so even if the person TRIED to cuddle they'd stop after a bit cause I move SO much when I sleep.

Vortex

*sighs*

I guess I'm a loner.. but out of choice, I tend to have bad nights sleep quite often, and so toss and turn, not exactly cuddle material :p

Mirlyn

Vortex said:
...so toss and turn, not exactly cuddle material :p

Exactly. I guess I kick like a mother in bed, so I'm a loner. In fact, I just moved my bed against the wall for the first time in years (at least 10, maybe 15 years). I couldn't sleep near a wall because I'd damn near kick a hole in it.

If I'm sleeping with someone, I'm usually on the floor and they're on the bed. My bed....:grumpy:

Oh well. My brother grinds his teeth in his sleep (and denies it) loud enough to wake me up if we're in the same room. So I guess I could be worse.

Vortex

*giggles* well I'm not so much as a kicker, as a toss-&-turn-and-no-doubt-whack-you-in-the-face-with-amrs-flying-all-over-the-place-from-time-to-time sleeper :p

Mirlyn said:
My brother grinds his teeth in his sleep
Nha, that's curable.

you wake the person up :cool4: But just make sure you don't get caught. And if you think that's unethical or mean or something, just think of it in a utilitarian way, it's the greatest god for all people. You get to sleep, and you're getting to sleep at night :p

Mirlyn

Vortex said:
*giggles* well I'm not so much as a kicker, as a toss-&-turn-and-no-doubt-whack-you-in-the-face-with-amrs-flying-all-over-the-place-from-time-to-time sleeper :p
Hands, feet, doesn't matter. They all feel the same at 4am--annoying and disruptive (when you're on the receiving end). :p

Mirlyn said:
My brother grinds his teeth in his sleep
Nha, that's curable.

you wake the person up :cool4: But just make sure you don't get caught. And if you think that's unethical or mean or something, just think of it in a utilitarian way, it's the greatest god for all people. You get to sleep, and you're getting to sleep at night :p

Yeah, I usually punch him to get him to stop the 'ole grain mill. :p