Whoa...drama...

Seriously, stop the bullshit. Admit you were wrong about your statement that Mormons hate gay people. All this crap with you accusing me of using straw man arguments when a straw man is TAKING WHAT YOU SAY, DISTORTING IT AND ATTACKING THE DISTORTED VERSION, and NOT attributing something to you that you did not say... that's not even relevant to the original discussion anyway.

Also, the links you posted weren't saying that Mormons kill nonbelievers. Did you actually read your links? In the one from the biased anti-Mormon site, it talks about a few fundamentalists, some of whom even killed people who are still Mormon. Blood atonement is a "you kill our guys, we kill your guys" thing, not a "we'll kill you because you believe differently than we do" thing. Your other link, to wikipedia, has more blood atonement, which has already been discussed, and an isolated example or two, which would not be fair to judge millions of people on, sort of how we're not supposed to judge all the Muslims on a few isolated examples.

As for your red herring about the whole hitting gays thing... give it a fucking rest. there's a 99.9999999 percent chance I wouldn't hit one, and in fact, when I did get hit on by a gay guy, I didn't hit him. The 99.9999999 percent chance is the same chance you would have, because you can't absolutely, unequivocally say you'd never hit one either. It might take drugs or alcohol or a really bad day or something... but what if the perfect storm of events happens and you do hit one? The likelihood is small, minute, microscopic, but to say it doesn't exist at all is a big lie. Can we put this red herring to bed now? It has nothing to do with the original argument.

All this crap with you accusing me of using straw man arguments when a straw man is TAKING WHAT YOU SAY, DISTORTING IT AND ATTACKING THE DISTORTED VERSION, and NOT attributing something to you that you did not say... that's not even relevant to the original discussion anyway.

Inkara, distorting what someone says IS attributing something to them that they did not say.

Also, the links you posted weren't saying that Mormons kill nonbelievers. Did you actually read your links? In the one from the biased anti-Mormon site, it talks about a few fundamentalists, some of whom even killed people who are still Mormon. Blood atonement is a "you kill our guys, we kill your guys" thing, not a "we'll kill you because you believe differently than we do" thing.[/quote]

It's an atonement for sins. We believe this is a sin and you didn't, your blood must be spilt.

Perhaps you're black and don't see anything wrong with dating a white women? "A pre-penciled placard was then pinned to his corpse stating, "NOTICE TO ALL NIGGERS - TAKE WARNING - LEAVE WHITE WOMEN ALONE."

an isolated example or two, which would not be fair to judge millions of people on

Hey look at you, trying to distort my position again. :laugh:

There's no judging of millions of people going on. Just pointing out that these things do exist in their history.

As for your about the whole hitting gays thing... give it a fucking rest. there's a 99.9999999 percent chance I wouldn't hit one, and in fact, when I did get hit on by a gay guy, I didn't hit him. The 99.9999999 percent chance is the same chance you would have, because you can't absolutely, unequivocally say you'd never hit one either. It might take drugs or alcohol or a really bad day or something... but what if the perfect storm of events happens and you do hit one? The likelihood is small, minute, microscopic, but to say it doesn't exist at all is a big lie.

Thanks for finally clearing that up. Sounds reasonable. Now can you answer the question about why you wouldn't take it very well?

Back