Wonders why....

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Anyone else notice the sudden drastic increase in prices at the gas pumps? They've climbed a whopping $.31/gallon here in the past week or so....Thats over 25% increase. Not seen a whisper in the news about it though... :confused:

tonksy

$1.56 american at the pumps the other day...for the cheap gas...good thing i spend so much time on the computer...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
1.58 a gallon this morning, and yeah, last week it was 1.38. Guess we're bombing another middle eastern country maybe?

tonksy

PuterTutor said:
1.58 a gallon this morning, and yeah, last week it was 1.38. Guess we're bombing another middle eastern country maybe?
aw, of course. the real reason for the war. george w. don't wanna pay alot at the pump.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I'm not complaining about the price, Shadowfax. Just puzzled by the sudden, drastic increase....I am well aware that I live in a region that has low gas prices. Of course I'm surrounded by refineries so the smell reminds me every day...:eh:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
$1.77 here. Labor day accounts for about $.04/gal increase. The rest is all the fault of those SUV driving, pipline busting, anti-Anwar drilling power outage freaks in washington :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Squiggy said:
I'm not complaining about the price, Shadowfax. Just puzzled by the sudden, drastic increase....I am well aware that I live in a region that has low gas prices. Of course I'm surrounded by refineries so the smell reminds me every day...:eh:

ok :)

tonksy

Squiggy said:
this place is full of refineries. tons. don't you think that our gas prices might be lower? locality and all?

PT

Well, I'm not close to a refinery, but I'm about 15 miles from the pipeline, and it makes a difference. If I come up to work and fill up, it's 1.72 up here.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Premium here is at about $1.81...I was using the price of regular because its what my car takes. Maybe living near the refineries isn't such a big difference...:(

peterska2

what?

It's £0.75 a litre here for Diesel. I dunno what that works out to though by the time it's changed to USD and Gallons

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Squiggy said:
Funny thing is...Diesel didn't go up at all... :confused:

I beg to differ. Ever need 250 gallons after a $.06 increase? Huh? Have you? Well I have. ;)

PT

I bet it's all Gonz's fault. Probably using Gas to run all those generators up in Ohio.