Word of the day...

tonksy

Sharky said:
My favorite Louisiana word is "lagniappe" (lan-yap), which means "a little something extra" or "a small gift". They have a bread loaf size that's a little bigger than regular, labeled "lagniappe".
my favorite louisiana word is "boudin" (boo-dan)...and i'm gonna try to talk the ex into bringing me some tomorrow when we meet to do the kid swap....oh! boudin is a sausage.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:
my favorite louisiana word is "boudin" (boo-dan)...and i'm gonna try to talk the ex into bringing me some tomorrow when we meet to do the kid swap....oh! boudin is a sausage.

Is it anything like a bratwurst, or more like a 'breakfast' sausage?

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
Okay. Closer to a breakfast sausage...meaning a sausage that must be cooked before eating. ;)
yeah...but it's not mixed in things and is usually eaten by squeezing it out of the casing...much like a push pop.

Sharky

Oh, I miss good boudin . . .

Shrimp, nutria, crab, yum yum.

We just got a new Coonass restaurant on the beach - I must go there and sample their boudin, gumbo, jambalaya and gator tail. :licklips:

The local Walmart carries Savoie boudin. You might check your Walmart or Publix to see if they have it, tonks. ;)

tonksy

Sharky said:
Oh, I miss good boudin . . .

Shrimp, nutria, crab, yum yum.

We just got a new Coonass restaurant on the beach - I must go there and sample their boudin, gumbo, jambalaya and gator tail. :licklips:

The local Walmart carries Savoie boudin. You might check your Walmart or Publix to see if they have it, tonks. ;)
i was discussing boudin earlier today with the man and he said that they might carry it...funny thing is, i said i wouldn't trust boxed boudin unless it was savoie's or rapideaux's...and my ex said he'd bring me a pound! WOO HOO!

Sharky

tonksy said:
i was discussing boudin earlier today with the man and he said that they might carry it...funny thing is, i said i wouldn't trust boxed boudin unless it was savoie's or rapideaux's...and my ex said he'd bring me a pound! WOO HOO!

Bada bing! :cool:

Hehe - a pound of boudin would last about 10 minutes in my house . . . :D

Gato_Solo

Blurfle (bler' ful) - v. To be caught talking at the top of one's lungs when the music at the bar or disco suddenly stops.

Gato_Solo

Airdirt (ayr' dirt) - n. A hanging plant that's been ignored for three weeks or more.

Oz

CANNY: The most common and most beautiful word in our [geordie] dialect. We cannot better Heslop's description:

"An embodiment of all that is kindly, good, and gentle. The highest compliment that can be paid to any person is to say that he or she is canny. As "home" expresses the English love of the fireside, so in Tyneside and Northumberland does canny express every home virtue. All that is good and loveable in man or woman is covered by the expression "Eh, what a canny body !" A child appealing for help or protection always addresses his elder as canny man "Please. canny man, gi's a lift i' yor cairt." "0, canny man 0 show me the way to Wallington." What Northumberland bairn but has appealed, when punishment impended, "Please canny man, it wasn't me !" The fishwife who wishes to compliment her customer says, "Noo, canny-hinny, see what yor buyin'."

Gato_Solo

Arachnidiot (ar ak ni' di ot) - n. A person, who, having wandered into an "invisible" spider web, begins gyrating and flailing about wildly.

Oz

Getifa : A word invented by Sir Billy Connoly. The word has no specific meaning, but when combined with another of the good man's inventions - Yabasa and orated with a certain timbre and volume the two words make for a rather usefull expletive when a more traditional colourfull metaphor would be inapropriate.