World Cup 2006...

spike

SouthernN'Proud said:
K, so it's over now, right? Back on the backburner for another four years? Everyone can quit pretending to give a rat's drowned ass about soccer again? We can resume teaching our kids to field grounders and such?

I'd have to say soccer is more exciting than baseball.

tonksy

spike said:
It happens in football. It happens A LOT in basketball.
The frequency is what I mean. If a football player rolled on the ground everytime someone touched him there would be no play.

spike

It would be interesting to know what sport has the most fakery. I bet basketballs up there with players launching themselves 5 feet backwards when some brushes up against them.

Oddly you don't see it so much in hockey.

rrfield

spike said:
It happens in football. It happens A LOT in basketball.

You know who the #1 flopper in the history of the NBA is?

Vlade Divac. Grew up playing soccer in Yugoslavia.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
spike said:

Then go ahead. If I wanna watch a couple dozen men run around, not touching the ball with their hands, playing to a scorless tie, I'll watch the Braves.

:bolt: *peepwall*

Inkara1

seal.gif

Dave

spike said:
It would be interesting to know what sport has the most fakery. I bet basketballs up there with players launching themselves 5 feet backwards when some brushes up against them.

Oddly you don't see it so much in hockey.

hockey has more than its fair share. unfortunately, the "diving" rule isnt enforced.

AlladinSane

spike said:
I'd have to say baseball is not the most boring thing in the world only because someone created golf. American football is ok though. I wish it was exhibited aroud these parts...

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
Then go ahead. If I wanna watch a couple dozen men run around, not touching the ball with their hands, playing to a scorless tie, I'll watch the Braves.
Hell, I thought you were talking about the Rangers.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
This is what happens when an Italian tells "we all know you are the son of a fucking terrorist whore" to a man whose mother is in critical condition at the hospital.

060709_50242_zinedinezidane.gif

AlladinSane

Luis G said:
This is what happens when an Italian tells "we all know you are the son of a fucking terrorist whore" to a man whose mother is in critical condition at the hospital.

060709_50242_zinedinezidane.gif
And this was supposed to be the "anti-racism" Cup. I think FIFA may punish Materazzi harshly if that's confirmed.
On a side note, it's interesting to notice most top Italian clubs are involved in a scandal of referee manipulation and may be punished with downgrading to lower tiers...

BeardofPants

Luis G said:
I agree, but:
- they aren't wearing any protection except for the shin one,
- they have zero fat, whereas af players look like tanks,
- they play constantly, not like af where 8 seconds can last half hour.

Ditto for rugby and you see 'em stomping on each others heads all the freakin' time. :shrug: Y' still don't see 'em rolling around like those wussy football players. Still love the beautiful game though. :beardbng: Zidane. :hump:

spike

rrfield said:
You know who the #1 flopper in the history of the NBA is?

Vlade Divac. Grew up playing soccer in Yugoslavia.

I didn't know they had stats for flopping. Who was the #1 trash-talker? Larry Bird?