would you do one thing for me?

Inkara1

corrections.jpg

BeardofPants

I guess the main reason people think that people in our country are fat... right? Or am I just inventing stuff again? Brain... tired... shutting down...

MrBishop

You may want to explain a few editors notes. He may not be familiar with that form of shorthand. Beyond that, you seem to have caught them all (save for BoP's catch).

"Hate and despise" is overkill... one or the other, but not both. If it's a pet peeve, I'd go with hate. A peeve isn't supposed to fill you with the kind of vitriol that 'despise' brings to mind.

utmost dread is awkward.

Inkara1

You may want to explain a few editors notes. He may not be familiar with that form of shorthand. Beyond that, you seem to have caught them all (save for BoP's catch).

I tried to dumb it down and not use some of the standard journalists' proofreading makrs since I figured he doesn't have an AP Stylebook sitting around.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

"Hate and despise" is overkill... one or the other, but not both. If it's a pet peeve, I'd go with hate. A peeve isn't supposed to fill you with the kind of vitriol that 'despise' brings to mind.

utmost dread is awkward.

I'd go the opposite. Hate, IMO, is a much stronger word than despise.Hate involves knowing something on an intense, personal level.