2005 BBQ Headcount thread

tonksy

rob calls me tracy, as do my mother, my ex and his family. steve calls me tonks. everyone at works calls me tonks or tonksy with the occasional smattering of customers who know my real name and it makes them feel special to use it.
it's funny....it's an old nickname but there is no one left from the old days...hell, even my navy buddies would refer to me as "carter" .

Inkara1

I don't know how It'll sound if anyone calls me Inky while I'm there... unless a pen explodes in my pocket or something.

Inkara1

Well, see, the joke was that people might call me "inky" if a pen explodes in my pocket, since pens are full of ink and all.

AlphaTroll

I got the joke....just wondered what people would call you if something else exploded in another pocket...

Wet...I suppose :shrug:

chcr

Too cute for words
Inkara1 said:
So, one thing I've been wondering... are we going to call each other by our first names or by our OTC names?
"Call me Ishmael..."

Seriously, friends and fellow musicians call me Chic (pronounced "chick") and coworkers call me Ed. Chic will work under these circumstances. A lot of people who send me spam think I'm Bob Evans (but not that Bob Evans).

Of course I realize that when Inky first sees me he'll call me "Ishmael." Perhaps I'll carry a tomato with me "just in case."

unclehobart

chcr said:
Of course I realize that when Inky first sees me he'll call me "Ishmael." Perhaps I'll carry a tomato with me "just in case."
Just do it outside. That stuff is hell to get out of the carpets.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
unclehobart said:
Just do it outside. That stuff is hell to get out of the carpets.

:rofl4:

DUDE, I am SUPPOSE to be getting ready to go out with my mom...I can't let her hear me laugh or she'll know I'm on the intraweb :p (ok, she doesn't call it that, she knows the real name)

Stop Laughing

I haven't bought any tickets yet, but I wanted to make this trip a little longer than the Montreal one. The whole Thursday through Monday does sound good, as I do want to look around a bit (I may someday want to move there). Transportation's an issue with me as I currently don't drive and probably won't get a license within a month so I'd have to hitch rides everywhere again.

As for food, I dunno what I should bring. I can get the Italian beef made again or bring it in a catering tray with the heating candles for it or bring Chicago style pizza. However, tonksy makes such good homemade pizza (you could open up here and be among the best in town for sure :) ) and the only one I realistically could bring is one packed in dry ice that would need the oven anyways and while I've never tried the dry ice packed reheated pizza, I bet it isn't quite the same as eating it fresh from here, and I don't have any pizza recipes. It'll likely be beef or bust again. Or, for Inky, I'll bring the tomato sauce. Better watch out, those cans hurt more than the tomatoes!