2005 BBQ Headcount thread

chcr

Too cute for words
Better watch out, those cans hurt more than the tomatoes!

Better for Unc's carpet though. ;)

Oh, and speaking of food, what shall I bring? I'm pretty good at tater salad and chocolate chip cookies.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
chcr said:
Better for Unc's carpet though. ;)

Oh, and speaking of food, what shall I bring? I'm pretty good at tater salad and chocolate chip cookies.

mmmmmm cookies

/me thinks if you make cookies y'all should send me some so I can feel like I was there...Tonks should have my addy :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
No wait...that's my hamilton addy me thinks...I can supply the current one if anyone feels generous with the baked goods :D

HomeLAN

It's June, folks. If I'm going to have enough people that I need to think about hotel group rates, etc., I'll have to look at that within about 2 weeks. So, if you're coming and haven't told me in this thread yet, chime in!

Professur

Well, I went up to the cottage last night and pulled the trailer outta the bushes. God Damn, I always forget just how big this bastard thing is. It looks pretty rough. I need to rebuild the roof (snow damage), but the chassis still looks solid. I'll have a look at the canvas tomorrow, and see what needs work. Probably be a smart idea to run all new LP lines while I'm down fixing the brakes. $35 for a new regulator. Then I need to weld up some sort of bracket to hold the bikes, and it's looking like a full size BBQ too. Maybe I can get that to sit on the tongue ahead of the LP tank.
Crap, I'm gonna have to sterilize the fridge too.

To do list:

Trailer:

Sterilize fridge.
Run new steel brake lines, and copper LP lines
Replace slave cylinders
Build bike rack
Build BBQ mount
Check spare tire
Grease bearings
Check cables
Check and repair canvas
Rebuild roof (complete)
Inspect 110v for grounds/shorts (rodent damage)
Pickup table veneer (check with missus wether to reuse old, or change to new (time permitting))
Pickup mattress for tail bed. (look into replacing foams)
Circuit test all running lights, change all bulbs (replace working ones too)
Replace LP tank
Replace fire extinguisher
Look into possibility of installing toilet//portapotty
Positive pressure air out (3 days)
Measure open length for lot reservation

Van:

Front/rear brakes, new rotors
Transmission oil and filter
Transmission oil cooler
Mount 4 summer tires
Injector cleaner
Prestone
Spare tire
Child shields (window tint)
Air filter

HomeLAN

OK, here's what I've got so far:

HomeLAN (party of 3)
Unc and Tonks (2)
Prof (5)
Catocom (1)
Inky (1)
Sharky (1)
Stop Laughing (1)
Spot (1)

If I've got the numbers wrong or if I missed you, Chime in!

catocom

Yep, just figure one night for me,
I'll slide in mid-morn Sat, and head out about dusk Sun.
If I need to crash in my van, I can. As long as the don't tow me off. :D

Professur

Gonz said:
Screw it...buy a new one

Are you out of your mind? Besides, I'd have most of that work to do with a new one too. I'll have near as much work before I pull out for the north again.

Besides, I've got the roof off. Now I just need to glue up some 1/4 plywood into 12' strips, and figure out how to weld aluminium. A neighbour's gonna supply a portapotty and LP tank. And I forgot to pick up the rear mattress. The wiring for the fridge definitely needs replaced.

Is HomeLAN's kid the only other child? Any other neighbourhood kids we can borrow for a few hours?