A walk down HWC lane... memorable quotes from AER

MitchSchaft

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by s4:
sniff. sniff. i'm too broke to buy any memory
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop your whinning, you could at least buy 2 128meg dim for 62bucks!!!so the price of dimm will continue to drop and we can all afford alot more later. look at simm, no one buy it and it went up and up, as it some kind of antique crap ain't even worth it theseday. just worthless junk not even worth a penny more like FREE.

MitchSchaft

Originally posted by alwayenoughtram:
defragging is no longer neccesarily because your harddrive is so fast and windows has built in smartdrve with 64K read ahead as opposed to the dos smartdrv which you have to execute and is only 8K. it is ancient utility used in the old day, it does not speed thing up if at all except arrange everything more neatly then get all messy again when you delete some file and replace with more files. like I say, unnessarily because its time consuming, doesn't prevent your computer from crashing and dont prevent corrupt file either. it can take several hours just to do a full defrag on a gig, on a few gig say 10 or more several weeks to defrag them. this utility has got to be put to rest. the last time I defrag was when I had a 130gig that is 9 years ago, some just use it cause it there like doublespace, ancient stuff.

MitchSchaft

I'm afraid I missed out on most of aer's stuff. I was in Marine Corps bootcamp from feb. 21st to the end of May. He registered a week before I left.

MitchSchaft

Originally posted by alwayenoughtram:
oh btw folk, alwayenough mean Im satisfy I got enought. but never2much mean neverenough so do you get it now??? there is a similarity. like I said I got more then enought :D :D :D when I said "neverenoughtbraincell" it not really an insult but it true that the way his brain work is that he alway want more then he can chew on. now that I got this straighten out some folk will be a little more understanding. some think I was trying to be like never2muchram but not really, Im quite different.

LOL, and he explains the philosophy behind AER. :headbang:

MitchSchaft

lol! am I the only one that ever sent him an email? I tried to send occupant one, but he doesn't have one listed.

MitchSchaft

I was laughing the hardest over the link I put in when some dude was asking about a Pentium3 skin for his winamp and AER goes off saying...
pentium 3 huh? damn it powerful! blows away duron or athlon anyday, this thing smokes, better instruction set, more powerful engine and last of all peace of mind ...

WTF does that have to do with a winamp skin?
lmao!!! :D

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Ahhh.. such fond memories.

I only wish we could search and quote from the OT forum. Man, I think that sways me towards wanting Eric Grevstad to agree to OTC copying the OT database.

That will never happen, but it would be fun. :D

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
damn. I was burning a CD at the time... things acting a bit sluggish. heh, haven't done that in a while. Not as bad as fury's sextuple post though. ;)

Ponch

Originally posted by outside looking in
Ahhh.. such fond memories.

I only wish we could search and quote from the OT forum. Man, I think that sways me towards wanting Eric Grevstad to agree to OTC copying the OT database.

That will never happen, but it would be fun. :D
I had links to OT that used to work until a few weeks ago, I guess the pages have been deleted recently.
I still have a 3 pages tread about ...religion (yes, wdeep !). Make a bid.

ris

man, if he sees this thread...... :D :D

i hope he joins, he'd liven this place up loads!!