Advantages of being vegan

Pez Dispenser

*grabs popcorn, sits at the center line and watches the tennisball fly*

Here, have some sugar and relax :smilepez:

You both have opinions, dont confuse each other with facts.....

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, here is my 2 cents

-Meat tastes good
-I avoid much red meat simply because it has a lot of fat and I am tryign to lose weight
-Vegtables for the most part are gross
-If we were only meant to eat veggies we wouldn't have canine teeth for ripping meat

nuff said!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
In all the reading I've done, there are absolutely deficiencies which can develop, there are nutrients which CANNOT be gotten through a fully vegan diet, and this can be managed with supplements, I've never read a reasonable book which didn't recommend some kind of supplementation in this society.

greenfreak

Pez Dispenser said:
*grabs popcorn, sits at the center line and watches the tennisball fly*

something's flying, but it don't look like a tennis ball. :D

*sits next to pez and eats some popcorn*

Jeslek

Banned
Leslie said:
In all the reading I've done, there are absolutely deficiencies which can develop, there are nutrients which CANNOT be gotten through a fully vegan diet, and this can be managed with supplements, I've never read a reasonable book which didn't recommend some kind of supplementation in this society.
So what are these deficiencies?

ris

slept ok, work was dullllll. london company are gonna get back to me tomow with an interview :cool:

greenie, you a comfy sit :)

Pez Dispenser

:eek:

*overhears greenfreaks and ris conversation, silently hands over the remaining popcorn and discreetly moves out of the thread*

greenfreak

:( Pez, come back!! I'm sorry we ignored you. How is *your* day going?? Do you need a hug? :hug:

ris, that's great about the interview! You just sit here all you like, that's what laps are made for, right? :)

unclehobart

LastLegionary said:
Leslie said:
oh no, no, no... don't back off now. After all, since you haven't experienced it first hand ... its still bullshit.

Pez Dispenser

Its ok Green, was about to hit cushions anyways. Didnt want to interrupt a private conversation :rolleyes: .

But if you ask that way, considering my day, I could use a hug :eh:

unclehobart

Vitamin B12 is the main one. Iron and calcium may also be low. Protein levels may be all right if the person is very conscious of protein intake and complementing food. Vitamin A may be low unless a high amount of the orange, yellow, and green vegetables is consumed. Vitamin D is often low; some sunshine will help. Zinc may also be low unless seeds and nuts are consumed regularly.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
unclehobart said:
LastLegionary said:
Leslie said:
oh no, no, no... don't back off now. After all, since you haven't experienced it first hand ... its still bullshit.
:lol:

lol@unc...

I think he's handling it nicely at this point...I don't have the energy right now to reread anything...maybe if I need to later :)