Age limit

Squiggy

ThunderDick
It would seem off hand that PT's idea of grandfathering them would be the best option. Meaning allow those registered to stay. Any new restrictions that may be created would apply to new member registrations. Its a can of worms , but that seems the best solution.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm sorry Alladin, grandfathering may not be familiar to you. When a new law or regulation is passed, most of the time, there are a certain number of people already doing whatever it is they are outlawing. Those people are said to be grandfathered, that is they don't have to follow the new regulation. It happens most often in city ordinances, or in other regulations that really don't cause harm to anyone.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Oh shit, that's right, nobody else can see it but a select few, I forgot.

Altron

Hmmm...
Lets see, thats 3 of these threads so far at OTC
Well, at least it's a better record than MKT...

EDIT: DAMMIT
I mixed up "Then" and "Than" :(

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Squiggy said:
Well spoken, tommy. (as usual) But again, those are read access sights. I know they will find lots of that on the web. What I have a problem with is the interaction of the forum. Actually participating in adult themed discussions with a known 13 year old who does not have his parent's permission to be doing that. Its a whole different ball of wax once you've raised kids...

So now you're saying that we are responsible for the actions of someone elses child? Dangerous ground, Squigmeister. This isn't somewhere where you can just shoo the kids out of the room, either. If their parents aren't involved enough in their lives, then, perhaps, you should find some way to contact them...

As a side note, most of the time, I ignore the questions Altron asks. Most of us do the same. If Altron has questions of a nature beyond his age, then the response should be Ask your parents. If he can't do that, then that's just too bad. I'm not here to 'raise' someone elses child. If I wanted that responsibility, I'd marry their mother. I come in here to have a good time, flirt a little sometimes, and start debates other times. Make of this what you will, but I see no reason to start changing things around here for 2 or 3 children. If they don't belong here, ban them and block their IP's. Simple as that. Anything else is going to piss somebody off. Regardless of intentions.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Gato_Solo said:
Squiggy said:
Well spoken, tommy. (as usual) But again, those are read access sights. I know they will find lots of that on the web. What I have a problem with is the interaction of the forum. Actually participating in adult themed discussions with a known 13 year old who does not have his parent's permission to be doing that. Its a whole different ball of wax once you've raised kids...

So now you're saying that we are responsible for the actions of someone elses child? Dangerous ground, Squigmeister.

Huh? How did you come to that? It says we are responsible for our own actions by participating or not in those conversations when a child is also participating...

This isn't somewhere where you can just shoo the kids out of the room, either. If their parents aren't involved enough in their lives, then, perhaps, you should find some way to contact them...

Now that sounds like you're saying we should take the responsibility for the child's actions.... :confuse3:

fi

Before I read this thread, I actually caught myself self-editing cos I had realised that a lot of the new members were very young.

If I were an admin/moderator all I'd be worried about would be the legal implications.

Just a thought.