all good things (come to an end)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
paul_valaru said:
If you want my mancard, you have to come take it from my cold dead fingers, up here in canada, where you can't be armed

Correction. Where I better not get caught being armed. And what are they gonna do, borrow a line from Python?

Stop! Or I'll say stop again!!

paul_valaru said:
biscuits and gravy sounds gross

*sigh*

Hand it over already and save yourself further shame and ridicule. Even Uber Gonz'll tell ya yer full-o-shit on that one.

Professur

Biscuits and gravy. I ordered it. Tried it. And never will again. At least until you guys realise that gravy isn't supposed to look like mashed potatos.

and Paul ... guns are allowed in Canada. Unless you want to go bear hunting with a knife. You just have to license them. In many states, you don't.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
Biscuits and gravy. I ordered it. Tried it. And never will again. At least until you guys realise that gravy isn't supposed to look like mashed potatos.

and Paul ... guns are allowed in Canada. Unless you want to go bear hunting with a knife. You just have to license them. In many states, you don't.

Gentlemen...
go here for state-by-state info on gun laws. Sorry, Gonz...it was short notice...

AllEars'

If you had biscuits-n-gravy at Cracker Barrel then that was the problem. Don't let them ruin you on some real biscuits-n-gravy.

This is the place that charged $1.30 for a slice of tomato. It wasn't even a good tomato.

Prof, you need to find some little home cookin resturant or find a boat path up the creek to SNP

tonksy

Huh...and it was all gloppy? Sawmill gravy or white gravy is supposed to be thick and creamy and peppery.

Professur

AllEars' said:
If you had biscuits-n-gravy at Cracker Barrel then that was the problem. Don't let them ruin you on some real biscuits-n-gravy.

This is the place that charged $1.30 for a slice of tomato. It wasn't even a good tomato.

Prof, you need to find some little home cookin resturant or find a boat path up the creek to SNP

I tried. I tried. Couldn't find the doorbell. Maybe I'll have better luck next time I'm down.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I haven't seen apple butter since I left Pennsylvania 18 years ago. Mayhap I'll check the commisary for it next time me and the wife are shopping...:yum:

AllEars'

When the apples are ready at our property, I plan to make some apple butter.

We were told that the apples on that tree wouldn't make apple butter, SNP's mom and I decided we were going to try it anyway. The best apple butter I have had came from those apples. The tree is full I checked the other day when we were there. I will have to send some your way when it is ready.

AllEars'

First christmas in our new house? hmmm let me think? No, not even going to my parents this year.

You need it for Christmas?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Professur said:

There is no, I repeat, NO chain restaurant capable of properly preparing biscuits-n-gravy. None. Zip. Zilch.

It's like most foods. If you want it fixed right, go to the source. The source for that would ideally be a 74 year old farmer's wife in Dixie who raised 9 kids on a scratch income and learned to cook without ever seeing a recipe. She'll make you eat your words in five seconds flat.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Professur said:
Oh, and you can tell your husband that Mum's now a fan of apple butter.

Homemade, or commercially prepared? World of difference.

I'm telling you, if I ever get you down here and feed you a proper meal, you will be a changed fungus.