All of this hoopla...

Inkara1

Mother Goose and Grimm by Mike Peters, Monday, June 9, 2003

MGG060903.gif

chcr

Too cute for words
1. With very few exceptions, all politicians are thieves and liars, it's the nature of politics to attract such people. Gonz, you quote Billy Blowjob like you think that most people think he was better than Bush. I for one didn't like that asshole either. G. H. W. Bush? Is there anything scarier than having the ex-director of the CIA as president? I don't think so.

2. In order for someone to receive the benefit of the doubt from me, there has to be a reason for doubt in the first place. I don't see any. I do however, see more and more people questioning the events of the last several months.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Inkara1 said:
Wrong Bush, Squig. The pages of people who Dubya might have had killed don't start until Page 10, not Page 2 as was linked to.

:rofl: Damn...They fill that many pages?

ris

inkara, the cartonn would be more funny if the directions for the milk wasn't coming from the us and uk governments. blix was finding something like 2/3 of the leads he was passed were nonsense and was quite concerned about the quality of the best intel available.

i was under the impression that the uk's additional information on iraq's programs are required by law to be passed on the iaea, who have recieved nothing save the niger link which they themselves acknowledged as a forgery within moments.
so now either liars or deliberately withholding information the atomic energy commission. either way they are looking pretty shady.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Bush may have been acting on a personal agenda. I happen to agree with it, since I share it, and since I believe that agenda has at its root the long term security of this nation and the prospect of peace in general.

freako104

ive said it before ill say it again. power and oil among other factors(lets not forget the original desert storm 10 years ago) could it be vengance? possuble. oil? possible. power? possible. i was always against the war. and now im hearing more that he was never armed like Bush said. and im not a fan of any president that abuses his power in any way shape or form be clinton and the BJ(he was brave anyone see how big her teeth are??!!! :eek:), Bush and desert storm adn Bush with operation Iraq freedom. can we get someone who wont abuse his goddamn power??!!!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
outside looking in said:
Bush may have been acting on a personal agenda. I happen to agree with it, since I share it, and since I believe that agenda has at its root the long term security of this nation and the prospect of peace in general.

Geez, osli. EVERYTHING we do as a nation affects our long-term security. Every tax, every police-action, every peace-keeping action, any loans, any supporting of other governments, etc ad nauseum. No matter what the US does, we are either branded war-mongers or apathetic. My personal view on the world is this...leave us alone, and we'll leave you alone. Unfortunately, that is not an option, either, and hasn't been since WWII...

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
Geez, osli. EVERYTHING we do as a nation affects our long-term security. Every tax, every police-action, every peace-keeping action, any loans, any supporting of other governments, etc ad nauseum. No matter what the US does, we are either branded war-mongers or apathetic. My personal view on the world is this...leave us alone, and we'll leave you alone. Unfortunately, that is not an option, either, and hasn't been since WWII...

you said it was the washington post that labeled us the worlds police didnt you gato? dont you think that has been the way since WWII that we really are living upto that name?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
freako104 said:
you said it was the washington post that labeled us the worlds police didnt you gato? dont you think that has been the way since WWII that we really are living upto that name?

Between WWI and WWII, the US was pretty much insular. We kept to ourselves, and didn't bother anybody. That's what I meant with my post. Not the post WWII police job. ;)

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
Between WWI and WWII, the US was pretty much insular. We kept to ourselves, and didn't bother anybody. That's what I meant with my post. Not the post WWII police job. ;)

my apologies for my misunderstanding

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We became the worlds police when we sat on our hands & watched Hitler damned near overrun Europe. Even then, there were many who didn't want to get involved. How do you think the world would look today had we sat home & watched football?

Damned if you do & damned if you don't.

Aunty Em

outside looking in said:

Do you really think that the best interests of the american people as a whole are served by being seen as a bunch of lying war mongers by the rest of the world? That's frightening... :nono:

chcr

Too cute for words
We became the worlds police when we sat on our hands & watched Hitler damned near overrun Europe. Even then, there were many who didn't want to get involved. How do you think the world would look today had we sat home & watched football?
Hello? We were attacked by another sovereign nation?
Do you really think that the best interests of the american people as a whole are served by being seen as a bunch of lying war mongers by the rest of the world? That's frightening...
Well put.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Aunty Em said:
Do you really think that the best interests of the american people as a whole are served by being seen as a bunch of lying war mongers by the rest of the world? That's frightening... :nono:

I think the best interests of the entire planet were served by us making the tough decisions that no one else had the balls to make, even if we get pinned as the bad guys for doing so. That's reality, welcome to it... :nono:

Aunty Em

Except that who you see the good and bad guys as is not necessarily who the rest of the world sees them as... and therein lies the problem.

You see yourselves as liberators fighting for freedom...others see you as the oppressors, there to steal and make a profit on what is rightfully theirs...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
Hello? We were attacked by another sovereign nation?

Germany attacked us?

Aunty Em said:
others see you as the oppressors, there to steal and make a profit on what is rightfully theirs...

When you catch us stealing national treasures or resources, bust us. That is not why we're there. We aren't doing that.

chcr

Too cute for words
Are you in any way familiar with history, Gonz?

Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, we declared war on Japan, an ally of Germany. Germany then declared war on us. Surely some of this must sound vaguely familiar?