Americans Oppose Income Redistribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.B.Normal

Truthfully, all Obama has to do -- literally the only thing -- is continually beat the "McCain is four more years of Bush" drum.

Really?... cause weren't the Democrats saying that same thing 4yrs ago about George W . Quite sure it didn't work then.

Inkara1

Bush's approval rating is 25 percentage points or so lower than in 2004, if reports are to be believed.

2minkey

bootlicker
not many winners in DC these days.

but seriously gonz how many people in this country really support a snot like pelosi? even around here, tis only an occasional twit... but i guess that wasn't your point.

Cerise

So you have absolutely nothing showing Obama's stances on the issues are "marxist black liberation theology".

No, I never said that NoBama's stances on issues related to politics are seen through a veil of black liberation theology. However, his association with black liberation theology is an issue that a voter should consider with regards to pulling the lever for the presumptive dem candidate.

The Obamas joined a church that they knew to be racist, and they remained in it despite its promotion of racism and hatred of the United States, of Israel, and promotion of terrorists.

Do you think in the 20 years he sat in that church he put his fingers in his ears and said "lalalala" throughout the sermons?

They stayed with that church when their pastor Rev. Wright had gone with the prominent racist Louis Farrakhan to Libya to meet with Moammar Khadafy. Apparently the Obamas agreed with Wright’s support of Farrakhan.

They stayed when he told the congregation that the US deserved 9-11, that AIDS was created by the government, that Israel had developed an 'ethnic bomb' to kill blacks and arabs, when he called on God to damn America. Apparently the Obamas agreed with Wright’s words.

Obama has referred to his grandmother as a "typical white person."

Quoted a Wright sermon in his book saying "White folk's greed run a world in need."

He pulled out the race card recently with "We know what kind of campaign [the REpublicans are] going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid," Obama said at the fundraiser. "THey're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black? He's got a feisty wife."

I guess that's Obama's idea of being a "uniter."

Should we be judging Bush's stances on the issues by his connection with Jim Bakker and other nuts?

No, but we should be judging your stance that you seem obsessed with comparing a President who is near the end of his final term and has no possibility of running for the office again with a person who would like to sit in that office. :shrug:

2minkey

bootlicker
No, but we should be judging your stance that you seem obsessed with comparing a President who is near the end of his final term and has no possibility of running for the office again with a person who would like to sit in that office. :shrug:

i'm sure you bitched about klinton after he was out of office. shit you prolly blamed him for your cat's bad breath.

besides, history will show bush as rivaling carter in poor judgment and executive incompetence. so there's plenty o'reason to whine about the commander-in-cheif of slightly lower than average intelligence.

Inkara1

We're pretty likely to see some turnover in Congress as well. However, the way the districts are gerrymandered, it won't be a whole lot of turnover... plus, the dissatisfaction numbers would likely be with Congress as a whole, instead of with the particular representative or senator of the people polled. So you'll have Democrats in heavily Democratic districts who say, like spike here, that Congress is nearly half Republican and blame that for why nothing good happens. You'll also have Republicans in heavily Republican districts who say the Democrats are the majority and in charge, but nothing good has happened. So the Democrats will vote for the Democrat candidate in their own districts, and the Republicans will vote for the Republican candidate in their own districts. Since the districts are drawn to make as many seats safe as possible, you're not likely to see one party win enough seats to be able to override a veto on a party-line vote.

chcr

Too cute for words
The republicans got voted out and the democrats got voted in because the country wanted specific changes. None of those changes have been implemented. This is why there's so little approval of the democratic congress. It's stunning to me that there are still people who believe that there are two parties and it makes a difference which one you elect. Hell, "liberal" Obama is going to continue and strengthen Bush's "faith based initiatives." How "liberal" is that?

In reality, everyone incumbent federal office holder needs to be voted out for the next several federal elections but it will never happen.

Cerise

The question was how does Obama saying "McCain is four more years of Bush" show media bias? What does your answer have to do with the question?

Ok, here's a flow chart for you:

The mainstream media doesn't like GW Bush, his people or his policies-----> News reports about anything related to his administration do not favor him, in fact with a vicious spin they are written to bring him down------> Obama campaign pushes the 'McCain is 4 more years of Bush' line with the hopes of people's minds having been swayed enough by the media to believe that Bush is evil-----> Obama feels that will help him get elected.

spike

No, I never said that NoBama's stances on issues related to politics are seen through a veil of black liberation theology.

Me: ...look at the issues...

You: The one that screams marxist black liberation theology?

Then you failed to find any stances on issues that "screamed" what you claimed they did.

Cerise, you started the Bush comparisons here. You obviously didn't have a problem with Bush's close ties to wackos like Falwell and Robertson. Why the hypocrisy now?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The Obamas joined a church that they knew to be racist, and they remained in it despite its promotion of racism and hatred of the United States, of Israel, and promotion of terrorists.

Political expediency...
Cerise said:
They stayed with that church when their pastor Rev. Wright had gone with the prominent racist Louis Farrakhan to Libya to meet with Moammar Khadafy. Apparently the Obamas agreed with Wright’s support of Farrakhan.

They stayed when he told the congregation that the US deserved 9-11, that AIDS was created by the government, that Israel had developed an 'ethnic bomb' to kill blacks and arabs, when he called on God to damn America. Apparently the Obamas agreed with Wright’s words.

Obama has referred to his grandmother as a "typical white person."

Quoted a Wright sermon in his book saying "White folk's greed run a world in need."

He pulled out the race card recently with "We know what kind of campaign [the REpublicans are] going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid," Obama said at the fundraiser. "THey're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black? He's got a feisty wife."

I guess that's Obama's idea of being a "uniter."

Once again...political expediency. He joined that church to get votes, and stayed with that church as long as it suited his political needs. As soon as it was 'outed', and became a political liability, he dropped said church. Whether he agrees with said philosophy is moot, as his true motives are only in getting elected.

spike

God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, to which Rev Pat Robertson agreed, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, to which Rev Pat Robertson again agreed, quoted from AANEWS #958 by American Atheists (September 14, 2001)

And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say, "You helped this happen."
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

I sincerely believe that the collective efforts of many secularists during the past generation, resulting in the expulsion from our schools and from the public square, has left us vulnerable.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, after the 700 Club broadcast wherein he had blamed civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, speaking to The New York Times, quoted from Dick Meyer, "Holy Smoke," CBS News (September 15, 2001)

I put all the blame legally and morally on the actions of the terrorist, [but America's] secular and anti-Christian environment left us open to our Lord's [decision] not to protect. When a nation deserts God and expels God from the culture ... the result is not good.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, backpedaling amidst criticism of his statement blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, America Can Be Saved, 1979 pp. 52-53, from Albert J Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell (attributed: source unknown)

The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
-- Jerry Falwell, Listen, America!

Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them.
-- Jerry Falwell, on CNN's Crossfire, May 17, 1997

Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell (attributed: source unknown)

The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews.

AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/foulwell.htm

2minkey

bootlicker
"Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them."
-- Jerry Falwell, on CNN's Crossfire, May 17, 1997

so they get freebies?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We're pretty likely to see some turnover in Congress as well.

My money is on a 60+ vote Senate advantage (D). The House will most likely end up with a (D) majority big enough to override vetoes should McCain get in. In two years...we can hope.

In reality, everyone incumbent federal office holder needs to be voted out for the next several federal elections but it will never happen.

You can count on me. I have a policy to not vote for incumbents.

Cerise

i'm sure you bitched about klinton after he was out of office. shit you prolly blamed him for your cat's bad breath.

Me?! You're the one who can't structure a sentence about Bill Clintoon without conjuring up the image of a poosie in the next thought. :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.