Are you anti american?

Are you anti american?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Not sure what that means so I voted this one!

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
drkavnger99 said:
This year's disasters .. with the year less than half-over? has taken it all and nobody...but nobody... has helped.

Despite that the article is out of date, a team of mexican volunteers went to the WTC to help (after sept 11), they paid for their plane tickets, their food and all. The very same team that rescued so many people in the 1985 earthquake, really skilled people.

They were there to help, you know what happened?, they got beated and told that they don't need their help.

Go figure :shrug:

drkavnger99

Luis G said:
Despite that the article is out of date

Yes I know but give me some credit I did post that it is 30 years old. Also it may have changed a bit but the fact still exists that most do not help without being compensated for it!

I am very distressed at the way the Canadians from montreal treated our national anthem in a new york hockey game booing the entire thing before the start of the game! A have thankfully heard a few voices from the canadian populous denouncing it. This makes me think that maybe some in canada don't have a voice in the mainstream or they just aren't motivated/brave enough to speak up against such acts!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
drkavnger99 said:
Luis G said:
Despite that the article is out of date

Yes I know but give me some credit I did post that it is 30 years old. Also it may have changed a bit but the fact still exists that most do not help without being compensated for it!

I said that like in "i accept that the article is old, but this happened when..."

RD_151

MitchSchaft said:
There is no college in America that costs $15k/yr. Maybe Harvard or something. $15k where I live gets you a BS degree.

American isn't Tennesse man. You have to realize that price levels vary by location quite considerably. I'm in utter shock at what people will accept for pay here in Kentucky, and how far almost no money will go here. I've only been here a year and I can see that its really a different world. The AVERAGE private school costs around $30k/year in the north, north east, and west. I know, its cheap in the south, but not anywhere else. I'm moving to Washington in about 6 months, and I'm planning to go to grad school as soon as I get there. I'm looking at a minimum of 30k a year, even undergraduate tution is around 30k and up. In-state and out of state make a difference at public schools. I know, it doesn't make as MUCH difference in the south, or some more obscure schools elsewhere, but in michigan, where I'm originally from, you can expect to pay OVER 30k a year at U of M for undergrad out of state tuition (more than most Ivy league schools even), and just slightly less at MSU. Remember, a lot of people prefer to go to a good school, not just any school! And if you want to go to a 'good school' one that is the best or one of the best for what you want to study, you're gonna have to pay around $30k/year. Not everyone is luck enough to have an affordable public school that is good at what they want to study in their state, thus they have to go to private schools or study out of state.

I guess it depends what you want to do. If you live in a low cost part of the country, and you don't care to move to a larger city, you might find such rates on tuition. Some places you can still even go for free, but generally its gonna run between $10-35k a year for undergrad tution (which isn't considering room and board which can be considerably more in a large city than in the south, double or tripple what you might expect in Tennesee). For example, my rent is gonna tripple when I move. Just like Europe, the US isn't quite one homogenous place either. Lets not forget that!

ok, in 2002 the average was over $18k/year. Ironically, out of state tuition at top public schools seems to be worse than most private schools!

http://www.thehoya.com/news/102502/news5.cfm

Your best school in Tennesee is $28k/year

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/FinancialAid/costfin.htm

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:eek5: You were serious? I thought you were joking, Mitch. Cripes, my daughter went to UD a few years ago and that cost 20k/year

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Good thing I'm from the ol' poor South! My BS and MS degrees in engineering cost me a total of... well, maybe $15,000? No out of state tuition fees though. And, with scholarships and fellowships, I probably earned around $5000 total by going to college.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It was nice living in Cali & having resident college credit hours cost $5. each :D

HomeLAN

It all depends on what state you're in. The Atlanta area has some damn good schools with in state tuition, and no need to live in the dorms. You can live at home.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I really am amazed at the difference in cost here in the north east. I had no idea that there was such a large split. :retard:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The NE is far & away the most expensive place in the country. You guys have way too many people & way too many taxes. Revolt!!!

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
yea here in indiana at an IU extension i believe it runs around 3500-4500 a semester. pretty reasonable.

freako104

samcurry said:
yea here in indiana at an IU extension i believe it runs around 3500-4500 a semester. pretty reasonable.

is the education good? i know teh university of Md is pretty good as is Towson state here in md. my school(montgomery college in rockville) is good too