Are you anti american?

Are you anti american?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Not sure what that means so I voted this one!

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

RD_151

Its reasonable until you think about it a little more. I could go to IUS for an MBA for cheap, and they claim its an IU degree ect etc. But ya know, I have a feeling that recuiters have an idea that New Albany and Bloomington are 'slightly' different! You can get a degree from U of M Flint too, but everyone knows it isn't Ann Arbor, and its not gonna open too many doors.

As long you realize an IU extension isn't the same as going to IU Bloomington, and every recruiter is gonna know it, then I guess its fine. It depends on what you want to do with it I guess, just like those HPs and Compaqs they sell at Best Buy. It might do exactly what you want, but then again it might not, so you should do plenty of research before you make a decision.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
MrBishop said:
*Remove the Right to bear Arms

So we can have our own saddam someday?

MrBishop said:
*Healthcare: It's free up here...we have a weaker economy..why can't it be free down there?

Advances in medicine aren't free. We tend to the poor & when they get a better job, they get better healthcare. If your healthcare system is so good, why do Canadians, those who can afford it, come to America for private care?

*** Iraq, with it's weapons policy is closer to Iraq than it is to Canada. Everyone seems to have a gun. How will removing guns from the streets create a Saddam?

***I never said that R&D is free...the difference is that our taxes go towards the R&D and the service is free.

***People pay to go to the USA because they want to jump the line. They feel that they 'deserve' to jump the line because they're Upper-Class and can afford to. Elitists!

Jeslek

Banned
Well, if someone wants to pay to have an MRI instead of waiting 8 months... I'd support them in that...

Aunty Em

I believe in a universal basic care system. If you want something better and you have the cash, you should have to pay for it and not take up nhs beds or appointments.

We all pay for our basic healthcare through our national insurance contirbutions, but it was never intended to be a service with frills and this is what a lot of people fail to understand - there has to be a limit to what it can provide or contributions must increase. The emphasis has to be on prevention and saving lives.

MrBishop

Professur said:
Third, guns don't kill children. Careless adults who don't secure their weapons do. Might as well outlaw knives, skewers, glass bottles, electrical sockets, etc. Oh, BTW Bish, where's your bow?

**My bow's secured...the line's off its pulleys...and even if it wasn't...when was the last time you heard of a bow accidentally loading itself and shooting someone...puh-lease Prof. It'd be at least 16 years before my kid could ever pull on that 70lb monster that I target shoot with.

**Outlawing knives...they do that already no? "No longer than the width of your hand" etc... I'm sure that you'd agree that there is a huge differnce between a gun (concieved to kill something) and a glass bottle...(Concieved to hold iquids).

And Bish. If I were you, I wouldn't take too much pride in having attended Concordia. A bigger bunch of morons I've yet to see outside a sepratist reunion. Sorry pal.

** Your opinion...the point is that I couldn've gone to McGill and it wouldn't have cost me any more.

Professur

Damn, Bish. I guess you don't reread your posts, cos you sure butchered those quotes.

My comments towards Concordia are more directed at the fact that so few of the students there seem to make it to class. Most seem to be paying tuition to stand around and block Rene Levesque Blvd.

A gun is designed to kill? Ok, I'll let that one ride. But my point was that a gun carefully secured is no more dangerous than your bow. Or a knife, or a skewer, or a bottle. And a knife the width of my hand (such as the one on my hip) is more than sufficient to kill.

MitchSchaft

My daily carry tools:
defndr.JPG

They're secured on my hip :p.

octal

MrBishop said:
I'm not American...
I have issues with some of the Americanisms, which is why I prefer being Canadian.
I do not hate Americans.

I would like to point out a few CAN things that might help improve the USA tho'.

IMHO

*Remove the Right to bear Arms (Too many damn guns and people being killed by them...including kids for my likeness)
*Too many lawsuits...look at the Canadian way...you can't just sue anybody for any reason...no personal lawsuits.
*Healthcare: It's free up here...we have a weaker economy..why can't it be free down there?
*School $$$. $10-15k/year You've got to be joking! I went through University and got my BA...it took 3 years and cost me under $8,000.00
:eek:

You've got a couple good points, but I lean on the fence with a few of them.
Right to Bear Arms...well, this is kind of an archaic amendment, but even if guns were illegal they can still be made available. If they were illegal all it means is that criminals would be able to get them and non-criminals wouldn't. Hunting is a a favored pastime to many (not myself, however), but to tell people they cannot do that is to take away a right, which isn't necessarily fair. I AM against licences for citizens to carry concealed weapons, though
Lawsuits...They can serve purposes, but we NEED to limit them. If a person is too retarded to eat so much McDonalds to get so obese they can't stand up, then they DO NOT deserve millions in damages. Same goes for morons who put coffee between their legs. That's just asking for it. However if my mom was killed by a drunk driver and no insurance would cover it I should be able to sue for the costs of the damaged car and burial.

Aunty Em

octal said:
However if my mom was killed by a drunk driver and no insurance would cover it I should be able to sue for the costs of the damaged car and burial.

Not to mention the personal pain and suffering you experience if it affects your ability to work and support yourself.

octal

Aunty Em said:
octal said:
However if my mom was killed by a drunk driver and no insurance would cover it I should be able to sue for the costs of the damaged car and burial.

Not to mention the personal pain and suffering you experience if it affects your ability to work and support yourself.

No doubt. But at this point it'd be more for my brother who can't support himself since I'm not done with school and on my feet yet.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
octal said:
I AM against licences for citizens to carry concealed weapons, though

Me too. Licensing a Bill of Rights guarantee seems unAmerican :D

MrBishop

Nothing wrong with hunting...but the right to bear arms has gone so far beyond hunting that it's lost itself on the horizon. Guns have become self-defence tools.

Yes...if regular people have their guns taken away from them, then only criminals will own them. BUT...up here...if you use a gun in a crime, no matter which crime, or even if it was a real gun or not, it means a long itme in jail (over and above the actual crime commited).

Tell me because I don't quite get it. In my last visit to the good ol' USA (Hartford CT), I decided to go to the local dep. (convenienve store) to get a coke and some chips. My host insisted on coming with me, and strapping on a .38 gun to his hip. Then insisted that I not look at anyone for more than a few seconds, not to stop walking, not to talk to anyone etc...

This was at 6:30pm. In Montreal...anyone can walk around Ste.Catherine street at 3am, and not worry about being mugged. How does the right to bear arms help your cause? How does this vary from Canada's lack of this right in relation to ouor relative safety?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Your friend sounds paranoid. I've walked Harlem at 3AM without getting mugged. :rolleyes:

MrBishop

Dude: Later that week...he shot at someone leaving his back yard at night. Maybe it's Hartford...maybe it was him.

The worst I could do was to take out my machete, or take a pot shot with my bow.:eek:

unclehobart

Hartford isn't supposed to be bad... In fact, its supposedly a rather upscale ultra high dollar place. You friend is just paranoid. I have a concealed weapons permit, but I haven't carried a gun on my person in a decade. I just know how to carry myself so as not to look the part of a victim or easy mark. 99% of the country is a perfectly safe place to be all of the time. The 1% areas I know of and avoid unless unavoidable. Its the culture, not the weapon that is the root of the problem. There are many countries where firearms are legal to posess and not become an issue.