Are you anti american?

Are you anti american?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Not sure what that means so I voted this one!

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

RD_151

Yeah, Hartford isn't exactly a tough city. Even Detroit isn't that bad, and its supposed be our most dangerous city! I have never really felt unsafe in Detriot at night. So I can't imagine Hartford being the war zone you think it is. There are bad parts of every city of course, but still, I can't imagine NEEDING to carry a gun even in Detroit, let alone some place as harmless as Hartford.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Isn't one of the big Ivy League schools in Hartford? If so, that's the one & it is a nasty city...lots of crime for it's size. It's not, however, that dangerous.

Professur

MrBishop said:
This was at 6:30pm. In Montreal...anyone can walk around Ste.Catherine street at 3am, and not worry about being mugged. How does the right to bear arms help your cause? How does this vary from Canada's lack of this right in relation to ouor relative safety?

I dare say Dio and I might disagree with you there. So might that hole in the floor in the back office at the Shang.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
How does this vary from Canada's lack of this right in relation to ouor relative safety?

Who do you have as neighbors? The armed, crazed cowboys :D

MitchSchaft

It's .45acp, Professr.

...remind me never to visit your state
It's like that in every State, bro.

I'm against licensing to carry a weapon as well. I shouldn't have to have somebody's permission to defend myself with the tool I deem necessary.

MitchSchaft

Nothing wrong with hunting...but the right to bear arms has gone so far beyond hunting that it's lost itself on the horizon. Guns have become self-defence tools

The "right to keep and bear arms" has nothing to do with hunting or sport shooting, my friend. It was put into our Bill of Rights as a measure to defend ourselves against a tyranical government. Yes, self defense.

freako104

MitchSchaft said:
I'm against licensing to carry a weapon as well. I shouldn't have to have somebody's permission to defend myself with the tool I deem necessary.

i dont totally agree because i feel people should be trained in the proper use and respect for firearms.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Training? Isn't that the parents job? We've had weapons for centuries. This country is 227 years old. We don't need more traiing. We need less murderers & other criminals.

RD_151

Gonz said:
Isn't one of the big Ivy League schools in Hartford? If so, that's the one & it is a nasty city...lots of crime for it's size. It's not, however, that dangerous.

I assume you are thinking of Yale, in New Haven. I don't believe anyone would consider New Haven dangerous though!

I'm not that familiar with either, so i could be wrong though. As has already been stated, there is no such thing as a 'safe' city in the US. It's not Europe, or Canada. Things are a little different here. It's a cultural thing though, it has nothing to do with guns. There are bad parts in every 'city.' Now small towns may be different, but anything over 100k people is gonna have some bad areas, hell, anything over 20k is pretty damn likely to have such areas. Its just how it is here. Avoid bad areas of the city, and you'll be fine.

freako104

Gonz said:
Training? Isn't that the parents job? We've had weapons for centuries. This country is 227 years old. We don't need more traiing. We need less murderers & other criminals.

i dont care who trains them in weapons as long as they know what theyre doing. i do agree we need less murderers and whatnot but people are people and i think well get those no matter what.

MrBishop

Professur I dare say Dio and I might disagree with you there. So might that hole in the floor in the back office at the Shang. [/quote said:
Yeah...and if you'd had a gun on hand, or under the counter? You'd be dead...'nuff said.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
This is what I get instead of Mitchshaft's website when I look for that piccy...

Access to this web page is restricted.

Reason:
The category "Web Hosting" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/schaftlfam/pics/Misc/defndr.JPG

As a reminder, General Order #1 restricts many Internet sites due to host-nation relations; therefore, material that exposes any area below the neck, above the knees, and inside the shoulders, as may be seen in celebrity, lingerie, model, or swimsuit images, is prohibited. This site may be blocked for reasons other than General Order #1, such as AFI 33-129.

Any attempts to circumvent the proxy system (including anonymous or redirection web sites) will be reported to the Communications and Information Systems Officer.

All unauthorized usage is logged by userID, workstation name, and IP address and reported in accordance with local, AOR, and Air Force-level directives.

If a site is blocked that the user requires access to in performing official duties, the WM must submit an AF Form 3215 to the NCC to have the site unblocked.

Computers are available at the Learning Resource Center, offering a wider range of websites, for personal, educational, or morale purposes.

madrin

As a reminder, General Order #1 restricts many Internet sites due to host-nation relations; therefore, material that exposes any area below the neck, above the knees, and inside the shoulders, as may be seen in celebrity, lingerie, model, or swimsuit images, is prohibited. This site may be blocked for reasons other than General Order #1, such as AFI 33-129.

...ok, that's just goddamn wierd....

woe be to you if you get reported to the Communication and Information Systems Officer...

...is that some nerd with a gun?

the world is strange.....very very strange...

MADrin

Professur

Anyone wanting to hear the other side of the canadian opinion would do well to listen in to the Lowell Green show from 9 to noon. He's an Ottawa call in show host, and one of the clearest thinkers since Gord Sinclair left the air. I spent this morning listening to him and over the 3 hours of his show, he got over 2000 e-mails from listeners saying that either they were americans who would never have anything more to do with canada, or canadians saying that they'd been refused cross border business for the same reason.

I've also been picking up that the CBC coverage of the war, and the public opinions are dramatically different from what other newscasts are showing. And not in any way favorable to the war effort either.