Arizona moving towards police state

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBishop

Outside of the fact that the region is famous for them, I'd say the were judging by the group's behavior when they knew they were spotted, and the group's makeup. It could be that the authorities that they immediately showed the tapes to recognized them. They could have been wrong about the drugs, but they weren't wrong about them having crossed the border illegally.

but oddly enough, all those well armed men with long range sniper scopes ... didn't take the law into their own hands. I thought it was obligatory that anyone who picked up a gun had to shoot a person with it. Here they were with not just opportunity, they had motivation, and plausible justification (self preservation) and they shot film instead. How strange is that?

Motivation to effectuate a citizen's arrest - sure. Motivation to shoot at/kill unidentified people - not so much.
Justification - nope. If they were being aggressed or threatened, that's one thing. Seeing a group of people picnic near you is non-threatening.

Perhaps calling the cops would've been their best plan.. ya know "Hello. We've spotted people crossing illegally into the USA. Here's our GPS location, they're heading north, on foot, there are X# of them."

spike

I expect they see it differently

Yes, like "i'd be glad to give up my freedom" or something like that.

Outside of the fact that the region is famous for them, I'd say the were judging by the group's behavior when they knew they were spotted, and the group's makeup. It could be that the authorities that they immediately showed the tapes to recognized them. They could have been wrong about the drugs, but they weren't wrong about them having crossed the border illegally.

I don't see anything in that paragraph proving that they were drug smugglers or illegals. Unless when they showed pics of them after the fact that the authorities said "hey we have documentation that those people are illegals and drug smugglers" but it doesn't sound like you saw them say anything like that.

but oddly enough, all those well armed men with long range sniper scopes ... didn't take the law into their own hands. I thought it was obligatory that anyone who picked up a gun had to shoot a person with it. Here they were with not just opportunity, they had motivation, and plausible justification (self preservation) and they shot film instead. How strange is that?

Doesn't sound odd to me for people not to murder other random people that aren't threatening them. You get in trouble for that.

spike

PHOENIX – A Valley man says he was pulled over Wednesday morning and questioned when he arrived at a weigh station for his commercial vehicle along Val Vista and the 202 freeway.

Abdon, who did not want to use his last name, says he provided several key pieces of information but what he provided apparently was not what was needed.

He tells 3TV, “I don't think it's correct, if I have to take my birth certificate with me all the time.”

3TV caught up with Abdon after he was released from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in central Phoenix. He and his wife, Jackie, are still upset about what happened to him.

Jackie tells 3TV, “It's still something awful to be targeted. I can't even imagine what he felt, people watching like he was some type of criminal.”

Abdon was told he did not have enough paperwork on him when he pulled into a weigh station to have his commercial truck checked. He provided his commercial driver’s license and a social security number but ended up handcuffed.

An agent called his wife and she had to leave work to drive home and grab other documents like his birth certificate.

Jackie explains, “I have his social security card as well and mine. He's legit. It's the first time it's ever happened.”

Both were born in the United States and say they are now both infuriated that keeping important documents safely at home is no longer an option.

Jackie says, “It doesn't feel like it's a good way of life, to live with fear, even though we are okay, we are legal…still have to carry documents around.”

A representative at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) returned 3TV’s calls after researching the incident and she said this was standard operating procedure.
The agents needed to verify Abdon was in the country legally and it is not uncommon to ask for someone's birth certificate. She also said this has nothing to do with the proposed bill or racial profiling.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Man-sa...ed-to-provide-birth-certificate-91769419.html

ResearchMonkey

This is what happens when you don't enforce laws for long period of time. Now they will enforce them and it will take time drain the swamp.

Don't worry Spike, Sheriff Joe will clean the streets of vermin. Soon the good life can return to the legal citizenry of Arizona while they pack heat and assist in cleaning-up the west.

With LosAngeles going broke I wonder how long it will before they begin to see the light and follow suit?

Happy-days are on their way.

ResearchMonkey

I can't imagine anyone supporting this anti-American crap.
Um, it's tasty anti-illegal-mexican crap. It's to protect the American citizen, golden. I can understand why the commie-left doesn't support it, less reason to plunder the American taxpayers.

Only good American's support it, those who hate America and want fundamentally change America would disagree with it.

:usa:

Fuck :hangman: Atzlan

spike

Um, it's tasty anti-illegal-mexican crap.

No, it's fascist anti-American crap.

It's to protect the American citizen, golden. I can understand why the commie-left doesn't support it, less reason to plunder the American taxpayers.

No, it's to harass American citizens. The entire state now can't leave the house without all their papers for fear of being arrested. I can understand why the fascist-right would support it, more reason to fuck with the American taxpayer.

Only good American's support it, those who hate America and want fundamentally change America would disagree with it.

No sorry, only bad American's support it. Those who hate America and it's freedoms and want to change America into a fascist state would agree with it.

You want to lock up Americans that leave their house without their papers? Seriously that is some crazy fascist anti-freedom shit. That should never be what America is about. I can't believe that any American would advocate random police harassment and jailing of any person that steps out of their house without all their papers. They'd be selling their freedom for so little.

:usa:

Hey did you ever want to clarify your position on the latino population of the USA?

spike

If he had a CDL, he has to be a citizen.

I know right? These cops don't even know that they opened themselves up to a lawsuit. Imagine how pissed you'd be if you were that guy.

Those fucks think they can just arbitrarily fuck with someones life? Freedom.

Looks like lawsuits are going to be the only way for AZ people to legally defend themselves from this fascist crap.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
so, fascist now means stopping illegal aliens from living in your state. nice

spike

so, fascist now means stopping illegal aliens from living in your state. nice

The fascist part is more where all citizens need can't leave the house without papers for fear of being arrested. Why would you ignore that?

Just like the truck driver. Locked up until his wife comes with a birth certificate.

This is anti-freedom bullshit.

ResearchMonkey

Hey did you ever want to clarify your position on the latino population of the USA?
Well, my wife's last name was Romero until we got married (good thing I have strong Northern European genes, our kids are normal!). I guess you missed the "Aztlan" part of that piccy. Anyone who supports Aztlan should be expelled from the United States as an enemy of the COTUS. You must support sedition and treason against the United States by illegal criminals, it's a commie thing.

I'm OK with immigration as long its legally done. Which means that you are loyal to the COTUS and the flag of this nation. Illegals should be tossed as should anchor babies. A baby born here illegally should not be granted citizenship, do bank robbers get to keep the money the steal?

The fascist part is more where all citizens need can't leave the house without papers for fear of being arrested. Why would you ignore that?

Just like the truck driver. Locked up until his wife comes with a birth certificate.
If the fucking liberals wouldn't give illegals drivers licenses we could use driver licenses as proof of citizenship. Its the bed your folks made, sleep in it.

See, we have to clean up the messes you liberals make all the time. It will take extra measures to ferret out the appeasement your side has created while catering to people who want to subvert these United States. Illegal aliens are illegals, they need to get the fuck out of our nation.

Hey looky, its a nonviolent TeaParty

ResearchMonkey

70% of Arizona Voters Favor New State Measure Cracking Down On Illegal Immigration.
Rass
A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds that 70% of likely voters in Arizona approve of the legislation, while just 23% oppose it.

The people have spoken, the Arizona Citizens support tossing illegal aliens.

1272073121519.jpg

catocom

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Arizona turning fascist is not really good change.

I didn't studder there.
I don't know what part you are having a problem understanding.

This is the Real change, that the majority of the people wanted.
Nonot all the BS Obama is claiming he's doing.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
After thinking about it, it occured to me that this is a wonderful teaching moment.

OK, spike, you don't like the new law that was enacted in AZ.

Fair enough.

Don't go there.

STATES RIGHTS.

Had Vladmir Obama enacted this bill, you'd have been stuck wit it.

Federal laws.

See the difference?

spike

Well, my wife's last name was Romero until we got married (good thing I have strong Northern European genes, our kids are normal!).

Are you saying that Northern European genes are superior to whatever racial background your wife comes from and that people without European genes aren't normal? That would sound pretty racist.

I guess you missed the "Aztlan" part of that piccy. Anyone who supports Aztlan should be expelled from the United States as an enemy of the COTUS.

The pic doesn't actually show the number of people who support Aztlan. It shows the latino population of the US. So the question is what point where you trying to make by showing the latino population?

You must support sedition and treason against the United States by illegal criminals, it's a commie thing.

No, you made that up...must be a fascist thing.

I'm OK with immigration as long its legally done. Which means that you are loyal to the COTUS and the flag of this nation. Illegals should be tossed as should anchor babies. A baby born here illegally should not be granted citizenship, do bank robbers get to keep the money the steal?

Sounds good, until you use it as an excuse to take away freedoms from all the citizens.

See, we have to clean up the messes you liberals make all the time.

No, liberals are going to have to clean up this mess you cons made with this one.

It will take extra measures to ferret out the appeasement your side has created while catering to people who want to subvert these United States.

We're going to have to ferret out the fascism your side has created while catering to people who want to strip freedoms from United States citizens.

spike

This is the Real change, that the majority of the people wanted.
Nonot all the BS Obama is claiming he's doing.

No, this is BS change that is anti-freedom and anti-American.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up Obama.

spike

OK, spike, you don't like the new law that was enacted in AZ.

Fair enough.

Don't go there.

Sure, I think I'll join the boycotts as well.

STATES RIGHTS.

Had Vladmir Obama enacted this bill, you'd have been stuck wit it.

Federal laws.

See the difference?

You don't really have any point here. Everyone knows the difference between federal and state laws.

A bullshit fascist state law is still a bullshit fascist state law.

Status
Not open for further replies.