Baseball trades

tonksy

SouthernN'Proud said:
Well we ALL know that the cuteness factor is the top priority in evalauting any athlete. Especially race car drivers. :rolleyes:
Which is exactly why I root for Jimmy Johnson.

Gimmee a break, I'm a chick!

tonksy

SouthernN'Proud said:
Yeah, and so is he. Besides, have you SEEN them eyebrows? 14 bush hogs got lost in there at Darlington.
.....so maybe I wanna run my toes through his eyebrows...it's america and I'll like who I like :p

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Well we ALL know that the cuteness factor is the top priority in evalauting any athlete. Especially race car drivers. :rolleyes:

There is a distinct difference between how men look at sports...hell, life...and how women perceive sports and life. To a woman, generally speaking, it's not about winning and losing. It's about what you do to get there. To a man...we're competitors. To us it's more about winning and losing. That's why we have rules for everything. ;)

majestyx

Gato_Solo said:
There is a distinct difference between how men look at sports...hell, life...and how women perceive sports and life. To a woman, generally speaking, it's not about winning and losing. It's about what you do to get there. To a man...we're competitors. To us it's more about winning and losing. That's why we have rules for everything. ;)
To some of us women, it is too about winning and losing. And as an addition to the winning and losing, it doesn't hurt that the one(s) we root for happen to be tops in the 'cuteness factor'. And, SNP, leave Jimmie alone! :lol2:

tonksy

majestyx said:
To some of us women, it is too about winning and losing. And as an addition to the winning and losing, it doesn't hurt that the one(s) we root for happen to be tops in the 'cuteness factor'. And, SNP, leave Jimmie alone! :lol2:
What she said!
Besides when was the last time any of you guys talked about what a nice VOICE Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson has? The cuteness factor is a major selling point for any celebrity. Just because it's not marketed to you don't mean it ain't for sale.

Gato_Solo

tonksy said:
What she said!
Besides when was the last time any of you guys talked about what a nice VOICE Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson has? The cuteness factor is a major selling point for any celebrity. Just because it's not marketed to you don't mean it ain't for sale.

Umm...because they don't have nice voices. They got hired for their looks, and it shows.

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
Umm...because they don't have nice voices. They got hired for their looks, and it shows.
Jessica Simpson does so have a nice voice Gato....as much as it pains me to admit it, Britney I can do without.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
tonksy said:
What she said!

Since when were Jessica Simpson or Brittany Spears considered athletes?

Gato_Solo

tonksy said:
Jessica Simpson does so have a nice voice Gato....as much as it pains me to admit it, Britney I can do without.

I think her voice is too 'small' to be a great singer. Then again, I grew up with the likes of a young Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, and Minnie Ripperton. Todays 'acts' are nowhere near as good unless they're sitting in a studio.

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
I think her voice is too 'small' to be a great singer. Then again, I grew up with the likes of a young Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, and Minnie Ripperton. Todays 'acts' are nowhere near as good unless they're sitting in a studio.
Damn Gato, you can't have such high standards. No one sounds like them. No one.

tonksy

SouthernN'Proud said:
A-T-H-L-E-T-E.
Athletes are celebrities.
Now, I didn't think of the cuteness factor when I voted for the pro bowl but when I decide who I want to root for and follow I can base it on anything I want.

Inkara1

The problem with Jessica Simpson is that her voice isn't all that great and her face looks like someone whacked it with a Dutch oven.

Gato_Solo

tonksy said:
Damn Gato, you can't have such high standards. No one sounds like them. No one.

Not since they started making videos, anyway. There are voices out there, though, that can be respected outside the studio. Sheryl Crow, for one...Tracy Chapman for another...Eryka Badu for a third...even Alanis Morisette has a good set of pipes. I may not like their political statements, but they can sing...