Batton down the hatches

alex

Take the cat in. Did I ever tell you the story about my neighbors siamese cat and my German Shepherd?

It's booming pretty good here now. Windy as all hell.

HomeLAN

unclehobart said:
Its still 2 counties west of Birmingham. Its not going to be here before deep evening.

Pardon me, but bullshit. The GA/AL line up around Rome's already seeing the tip of it, and it trails SW from there. See it about 8, may be 8:30, I reckon.

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Pardon me, but bullshit. The GA/AL line up around Rome's already seeing the tip of it, and it trails SW from there. See it about 8, may be 8:30, I reckon.

Woah, slugger. Easy there. Neither of you are riding it out in a canvas trailer. Is 3 hours gonna make that big a difference?

alex

HomeLAN said:

The intensity is diminishing, you'll probably get no more than a heavy shower.

unclehobart

Yeah.. but we aren't all the way up in Rome. The rain is about 80 miles away as the crow flies... and thats not the rain headed for us. The relative rain that is headed for us is about 120+ miles away. Even a healthy 40mph front would still make it about 10 before we even see the light stuff... that is unless some unexpected prebubble front pops up... but it just doesn't look like that kind of front.

Yuppers. Two old men arguing about the weather. Goldurn.

unclehobart

Dammit.. looks like a prebubble front is popping up. Damn misty stuff is going to seal my fate. The real rain is still over in Birmingham.

unclehobart

Har.

We just tried to take each others position at the same time. Is this the Farmers Almanac version of 'chicken'?