Batton down the hatches

Excuse me, but I haven't been in temps below the teens (Farenheit) since elementary school...I have never even had to drive in snow. I think I can handle the occasional evacuation with plenty of notice as opposed to a sentence to the near-Arctic...besides, I don't even like hockey!:shrug:

Inkara1 said:
Yeah... I don't think Slim wants to spend every moment at home shoveling snow.

Y'know, we've got this technology called the snowblower. We've also got things like the neighbour's kid, and the plow guy. I think I used a shovel twice this winter. And that was because I wanted the exercise.

Red, there's a real nice 50' single wide gonna be on the market in a month. Good schools, friendly neighbours. It'll have a brand spanking new roof, double glazed windows, and near twice the insulation of any other in the site. Brand new baseboard heaters, hot water tank, and bathroom. A very, very large bathroom with it's own door from the master bedroom. Double vanity, so both you and the tax deduction can be working your morning magic while Slim's making breakfast.

right there
attachment.php

Funny thing is, Batton isn't even a werd!

Yeah the wether twas so tough here yeasterday
tit was in duh 80's!

Professur said:
Red, there's a real nice 50' single wide gonna be on the market in a month. Good schools, friendly neighbours. It'll have a brand spanking new roof, double glazed windows, and near twice the insulation of any other in the site. Brand new baseboard heaters, hot water tank, and bathroom. A very, very large bathroom with it's own door from the master bedroom. Double vanity, so both you and the tax deduction can be working your morning magic while Slim's making breakfast.

Reckon how much that trailer goes for?

Professur said:
Y'know, we've got this technology called the snowblower. We've also got things like the neighbour's kid, and the plow guy. I think I used a shovel twice this winter. And that was because I wanted the exercise.

Are you talking about a trailer? :alienhuh:

Yes ma'am. A 1968 Glendale "Palace" mobile home. With 8' of bay window facing the street, a total of 18' of glass wrapping the living room on three sides. 40 luxurious gallons of hot water, and 100 amps of electric power.

It's hard to imagine - we don't have such things here. We use caravans (trailers to us are small cart thingies that you tow behind your car) for recreational purposes.

I once saw a 'trailer park', but it was basically a caravan serving as one part with this prefab extensions or something. One even had a sattelite dish. And there were BMW's parked in front of quite a few. Guess if you keep the overhead low you can afford such luxuries (and they were new 3-series BMW's etc - nothing older than a 2003 model).

You'd be amazed how comfortable you can be in one. It's just like any apartment. Rooms, doors, windows and walls.

Mine's got a satelite dish too. And two parking spaces.

Professur said:

You just want them to move here because then Unc and Tonks will have to travel this way more often and you're hoping they'll come the whole way and visit you instead of meeting Slim halfway to hand off the kiddies :p

Professur said:
You'd be amazed how comfortable you can be in one. It's just like any apartment. Rooms, doors, windows and walls.

Mine's got a satelite dish too. And two parking spaces.

If you're fixing it up why aren't you going to move back?

Y'know. V2.0 has that same problem, of blurting out things without thinking over wether they're best left unsaid or not.

For what it's worth, it's near enough the same distance. They could do the handover in DC, and the kids could profit from the museums and monuments and such. And if they worked it right, they could probably manage to get the kids under Medicare.

Professur said:
Y'know. V2.0 has that same problem, of blurting out things without thinking over wether they're best left unsaid or not.

For what it's worth, it's near enough the same distance. They could do the handover in DC, and the kids could profit from the museums and monuments and such. And if they worked it right, they could probably manage to get the kids under Medicare.

Oh, I thought it over. Then I decided to expose your devious plan :D

Back