birth control

My preferred method of birth control is ...

• condom, male or female

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Depo Provera shot

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • one of the types of Pill available

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • the patch thingy

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • the vaginal ring thingy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iud

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • diaphragm thingy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • withdrawal/none

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

chcr

Too cute for words
Uki Chick said:
How cruel!! She's not a dog!!! :D

It wasn't my idea! Worked out kinda nice though. :p

She had cancer, actually. Kind of ironic considering she's an oncology nurse.

Umm, Gonz? Assuming monogamy and fidelity, you shouldn't have both needed fixing. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I got fixed, her periods got unmanageable & this was her idea of a good fix.

PrincessLissa

I cannot take the depo or pills. Every pill I ahve treid (four total) maked me violently ill and I my daughter was conceived on the one that I could ALMOST handle.

Mare

Started on the pill when I was younger, then had some problems with it. When I got married we tried the diaphram, but by the time I figured out to place it in properly, didnt feel like having sex anymore :mope: . Had so many problems getting pregnant for many years, didnt need any birth control. Then after my second baby (and many miscarriages) I finally decided to have my tubes tied. So, hopefully they will always stay that way (cut, tied & burnt) and I wont ever need BC again. Just rubbers for safety reasons.

ClaireBear

Banned
Condoms for us at the mo...

But I really really don't have the 97% faith in them that the manufacturers do!!!!!

I was on Depo provera for 2 years... boy that really f**ked me up... went up from a British size 10 (American 6) to an 18 (14)... mood swings.. thought I was going mad and my periods even after a year off are still not "right"...

I loved the freedom it gave me... but I'm battling with the bulge right now and couldn't stand to put it all back on if I were to go back on or go on the pill!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Wife tried the Depo years ago, it's definitely NOT for everyone. She had some serious side effects. Then she got fixed. Now I don't have to wear a rubber or pull out. Life is good. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
One of them there pill thingies :D

Had a few problems for a few months with being on antibiotics and such so was using condoms as a backup but now am back to just the pill (coupled with withdrawal just to be extra safe)...much to the man's (and my) delight :D

ClaireBear

Banned
Nixy said:
One of them there pill thingies :D

Had a few problems for a few months with being on antibiotics and such so was using condoms as a backup but now am back to just the pill (coupled with withdrawal just to be extra safe)...much to the man's (and my) delight :D

I'm sure HE's thrilled to bits at the prospect of withdrawl!!!!! :confused:

Oz

ClaireBear said:
I'm sure HE's thrilled to bits at the prospect of withdrawl!!!!! :confused:

That's what I was thinkin'.....if it's penetration then a team of wild horses couldn't drag me arse in a backwards direction at the time of ejaculation.

BlurOfSerenity

condoms... i kind of want the pill, and i could theorhetically take it now; i couldn't before because i was on another medication that would have interfered with it, but i'm not on that anymore.

i have also thought of getting an IUD.
but they seem really scary.
i mean, you've got this foreign object floating around in your uterus, but that's not the creepy part!
IUD's can get stuck in the uterine wall, and even puncture the uterus, which makes the whole idea seem more trouble than it's worth.
(tho it must be noted that everything i know about IUD's is from a book written in, like, the 70's... so they might have come a ways since then)

so... yeah

ClaireBear

Banned
Oz said:
That's what I was thinkin'.....if it's penetration then a team of wild horses couldn't drag me arse in a backwards direction at the time of ejaculation.

How about long nails in your back and a slightly too hard ear nibble?

(My trick! :D )

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
ClaireBear said:
How about long nails in your back and a slightly too hard ear nibble?

(My trick! :D )
I've still got scars from nails like that.

tonksy

but there is still sperm in that pre ooze stuff, so withdrawal even when done with proper timing is not a really good method....besides it's less mess the other way.

ClaireBear

Banned
tonksy said:
but there is still sperm in that pre ooze stuff, so withdrawal even when done with proper timing is not a really good method....besides it's less mess the other way.

Yes.. pre-ejaculatory fluid... you can be just as likely to get pregnant from that... as I know to my cost...

Its not a safe method... I don't dabble often in that... far too much of a worry... its a welly boot or nothing these days... after a minor scare!!!!!!!

tonksy

ClaireBear said:
Yes.. pre-ejaculatory fluid... you can be just as likely to get pregnant from that... as I know to my cost...

Its not a safe method... I don't dabble often in that... far too much of a worry... its a welly boot or nothing these days... after a minor scare!!!!!!!
um...so...ok...what's a welly boot?
*not afraid to ask stupid sexually related questions :D

ClaireBear

Banned
Oz said:
tis slang for a condom tonsky :)

Yeah sorry tonks!

Forgot... language barrier :D

Yeah its slang for a rubber!

condom = rubber boot = wellington boot = welly boot!

My partner says for all the sensation... he may as well be wearing one of those too... *CB crosses legs at thought of using a real rubber/gum boot*

brownjenkins

IDLEchild said:
The endless nagging would work for me.......works wonders for keeping the puppy down every night I bet.

:nods:

kids work pretty well too :grumpy:

my wife loves the depo thing... she use to do the pill, but found out to her dismay that taking antibiotics counteracts it's effects... he's a good kid though :)

i only used a condom once, and can't say i enjoyed it all the much... my ex, who i was with for quite a while, used the 'diaphragm thingy', which i can tell you is not 100% safe

how's the 'getting fixed' thing for a guy? that's one awful scary thought to me... but maybe not all that bad :confused: