birth control

My preferred method of birth control is ...

• condom, male or female

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Depo Provera shot

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • one of the types of Pill available

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • the patch thingy

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • the vaginal ring thingy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iud

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • diaphragm thingy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • withdrawal/none

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ash r said:
condoms... i kind of want the pill, and i could theorhetically take it now; i couldn't before because i was on another medication that would have interfered with it, but i'm not on that anymore.

i have also thought of getting an IUD.
but they seem really scary.
i mean, you've got this foreign object floating around in your uterus, but that's not the creepy part!
IUD's can get stuck in the uterine wall, and even puncture the uterus, which makes the whole idea seem more trouble than it's worth.
(tho it must be noted that everything i know about IUD's is from a book written in, like, the 70's... so they might have come a ways since then)

so... yeah

Doctors don't generally like to give IUDs to women who have not had children...

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
From what I understand it's not that bad, bj. They make a very small incision, use a knitting needle to pull the necessary tubes out, then cut em off. Supposedly a very quick and somewhat painless procedure.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ClaireBear said:
Yes.. pre-ejaculatory fluid... you can be just as likely to get pregnant from that... as I know to my cost...

Its not a safe method... I don't dabble often in that... far too much of a worry... its a welly boot or nothing these days... after a minor scare!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd never trust withdrawl as a method on its own...

brownjenkins

PuterTutor said:
From what I understand it's not that bad, bj. They make a very small incision, use a knitting needle to pull the necessary tubes out, then cut em off. Supposedly a very quick and somewhat painless procedure.

well, 'not that bad' and 'knitting needles to private parts' don't quite go together :D

but i was more interested to know from anyone who's gone through it if the sexual experience is any different after the fact

MrBishop

Rubbers...I found some nice thin yet strong ones in LG. :D

Tried the bc pill, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. Both my wife and her brother are BC-babies. Stress causes innefectivness.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
MrBishop said:
Rubbers...I found some nice thin yet strong ones in LG. :D

Tried the bc pill, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. Both my wife and her brother are BC-babies. Stress causes innefectivness.

I am assuming your wife is atleast mid-twenties...there have been many advancements in the BC pill since then...ofcourse, it is still not 100% but doctors seem to have a lot of confidence in the current pills...websites say a lot of shit but any doc I've ever talked to has said that if you're not on other meds that may interfer it is reasonable to use solo as a form of birthcontrol

kuulani

the scary thing about the pill for me was that sometimes i would forget to take it ... which brought on panic, making sex not fun.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
kuulani said:
the scary thing about the pill for me was that sometimes i would forget to take it ... which brought on panic, making sex not fun.

Yeah, I know the feeling.

I am pretty good usually though, I keep em right by the computer at school and I get into it like clockwork

BeardofPants

brownjenkins said:
i only used a condom once...

Yeah, how did you *NOT* get an STD? :alienhuh:

Guys - you *do* know that getting off at redfern is real dangerous.... right? There's lil' swimmers in the pre-cum that can get yer preggers faster than speedy gonzalez. :eek13:

Inkara1

Hopefully a mouse wouldn't be able to get a human female pregnant at all, let alone do it quickly.

brownjenkins

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, how did you *NOT* get an STD? :alienhuh:

no kidding... someone must be looking out for me... either that or they're setting me up for something really good :grim:

i wasn't very responsible in my younger days *read pre-29*... but i'm much better now *relatively*

MrBishop

Nixy said:
I am assuming your wife is atleast mid-twenties...there have been many advancements in the BC pill since then...ofcourse, it is still not 100% but doctors seem to have a lot of confidence in the current pills...websites say a lot of shit but any doc I've ever talked to has said that if you're not on other meds that may interfer it is reasonable to use solo as a form of birthcontrol
She's a bit older than that :) We know about the BC pill change and we've used the new stuff, but not in the past 3 years. First, there was the pregnancy and now...it's breastfeeding. Neither accomodated the BC pill very well :)

Soon...my son'll be cut off. Soon thereafter, we're trying for another kid...so that's at least another 3 years right there. After that...the scariest 4-sylable word for men. Vi-sect-o-my :p Or....we talk about a third kid.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
MrBishop said:
She's a bit older than that :) We know about the BC pill change and we've used the new stuff, but not in the past 3 years. First, there was the pregnancy and now...it's breastfeeding. Neither accomodated the BC pill very well :)

Soon...my son'll be cut off. Soon thereafter, we're trying for another kid...so that's at least another 3 years right there. After that...the scariest 4-sylable word for men. Vi-sect-o-my :p Or....we talk about a third kid.

My man has already made it VERY clear he will not ever get cut. I don't really care, it's almost as easy for women to get fixed these days...in through the belly button I hear...so after we are finished having children (which we have not even started to try for yet nor will we anyday soon, JUST FYI :p) that will be the method. Not to mention...if i have any problems with that region after I am done having kidlets I'd prefer to just get rid of the whole she-bang anyways...

FluerVanderloo

The pill is actually giving me a hard time. I went back to the doc Thursday and she's switched me to something different. I'm a little worried though, on the last one I didn't gain any weight, I actually lost a pound. But I got rancid migranes and vomiting.

Hopefully I won't gain weight on this new one. If it doesn't work out, I'm trying the shot. They won't tie my tubes at 17, heh.