birth control

My preferred method of birth control is ...

• condom, male or female

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Depo Provera shot

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • one of the types of Pill available

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • the patch thingy

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • the vaginal ring thingy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iud

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • diaphragm thingy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • withdrawal/none

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
FluerVanderloo said:
The pill is actually giving me a hard time. I went back to the doc Thursday and she's switched me to something different. I'm a little worried though, on the last one I didn't gain any weight, I actually lost a pound. But I got rancid migranes and vomiting.

Hopefully I won't gain weight on this new one. If it doesn't work out, I'm trying the shot. They won't tie my tubes at 17, heh.

ooooh if pills give you bad reactions you're trying the shot?

You're a VERY brave girl! If the shot gives you a bad reaction you're stuck with it for 3 months atleast!

Vortex

Personally, I'm on the pill, also helps with me-spots I normally get :D

I've been getting rancid mood swings recently though, so I think I'm gonna take a break from it for a while though... I think it'll help, no?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Vortex said:
Personally, I'm on the pill, also helps with me-spots I normally get :D

I've been getting rancid mood swings recently though, so I think I'm gonna take a break from it for a while though... I think it'll help, no?

I dunno..I get EXTREMELY mood swingy without the pill now...like when I'm taking antibiotics...they lessen the effects of the pill and if I'm on them for a prolonged period the lack of horomones messes me right up...

ris

the missus was on the pill for about 5 years but stress and elevated blood pressure put paid to that, so it's back to rubbers for us, with a preference for condomi because they are biodegradable and therefore better for our landfill-conscience.

at least they aren't busting like they used to when we first started seeing each other - there was a point when we'd wrecked every make and type, including the 'am i in i can't tell' sort. must have been more wild and reckless back then i guess.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
um, yeah. Ask Avery 'bout that :lloyd:

I've found this new full proof birthcontrol method...it works kinda like this...everytime I have sex the dull aching pain I have constantly in my abdomen turns into a pushing, make me cry type pain inside...you can see why this would be effective...

ClaireBear

Banned
BeardofPants said:
You should get that checked out, nixy.... Doesn't sound too healthy.

I agree with BoP Nix... unless you're dabbling in "blood sports" (doing it at that certain time of the month) ...your pain could be serious... best get it checked out. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ClaireBear said:
I agree with BoP Nix... unless you're dabbling in "blood sports" (doing it at that certain time of the month) ...your pain could be serious... best get it checked out. :)

Yup, made an appointment with the Doc the day after it happened...the appointment was yesterday...waiting for the results now :)

ClaireBear

Banned
Nixy said:
Yup, made an appointment with the Doc the day after it happened...the appointment was yesterday...waiting for the results now :)

Good Good! Just what we like to hear! Hope everythings okay. :kiss: