Bitch about work thread.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Seriously, one thing I've learned recently is people just need to chill the fuck out. If you let every little thing get to you then you're gonna explode. The people at the bottom of the todem pole are there for just that, to put up with the bullshit and do the stupid jobs. Complaining does nothing, if you don't think you should have to bend over backwards to help customers or find stuff for them for the simple reason that they're too stupid what do you think your job is? Long and the short of it is if all the customers had enough brains and common sense to serve themselves while shopping you wouldn't have a job at all.

Altron

I don't have a problem helping people if they're nice about it.

I don't let every little thing get to me. I vent here, where it's OK, rather than beating the shit out of somebody.

BeardofPants

:shrug: I agree with Nixy. We've all had to do our hard yards in the retail business - suck it up already. That's what you get paid for - to provide a good customer service.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I hate my job too. All these convicted felons keep calling me, and coming in and sitting down at my desk all the time. It gets creepy. Buncha thugs.

tonksy

:shrug: I agree with Nixy. We've all had to do our hard yards in the retail business - suck it up already. That's what you get paid for - to provide a good customer service.

Nixy may be right but that doesn't mean Altron can't vent to his online friends :shrug:
It doesn't give her an excuse to be all bitchy to him, if she doesn't like reading it she doesn't have to post in the thread. She could have made her point with less...acidity is all I'm saying.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I hate my job too. All these convicted felons keep calling me, and coming in and sitting down at my desk all the time. It gets creepy. Buncha thugs.

Lock your door...and then when they tell your boss they couldn't see you because your door was locked acuse them of being on mind altering drugs :D

Inkara1

Lock your door...and then when they tell your boss they couldn't see you because your door was locked acuse them of being on mind altering drugs :D

I'd probably agree with you if he worked for anybody BUT the state.

Altron

If you don't want to read a long rant about work, then why did you click on this thread? I'm not exactly stealthy when it comes to the title.

I NEED to talk about this kinda stuff, so that I don't build up a lot of anger. People will give me a hard time, I'll get pissed off, and I'll come here, where I can talk about it and laugh about it, and it calms me down. Don't like it? Don't read it.

Is a little decency too much for me to expect? Common courtesy too difficult for most people to muster? I'm not asking for anything but a little respect. I'd like to get treated like a person once in awhile.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You are a retail whore. You can find other work or you can realize its just a step towards tomorrow & you have to pay your dues. Don't let it get to you. Also, don't treat the customer like shit, even if they start it. They contribute to your paycheck.

Altron

I'm VENTING. To be honest, I like my job. If there was another job that I am qualified for and that I think I would enjoy more, I would take it. What you're reading in this thread is the absolute extreme. This isn't meant to be an unbiased appraisal of my job. All of it is slightly exxagerrated and coming from my perspective. I read into the small details. Was that person who I thought I was antagonizing by refusing to physically help unhappy with their experience? Don't think so. Did they notice it? Maybe. Did they think anything beyond "sullen teenage" staff? Unlikeily. To me, though, it was a big deal.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Did they think anything beyond "sullen teenage" staff?

That has driven me from a number of stores. I would guess I'm not alone. Be sullen on your time. You are paid to be courteous & helpful & knowledgeable. (If I recall, you are floor staff). I know you're venting but everyting you vent points to your faults as an employee of CC.

Altron

I'm NOT sullen though. The customers are the ones who are sullen. 95% of the time, I'm trying to be friendly, and they're ignoring me.

I am not, however, friendly to people who are outright rude to me. That ain't me as an employee, that's me as a person. If they want to be rude, I'll do my job, but I won't be friendly, and I won't go above or beyond.

Starya

Work. I have to leave my comfy home in 18 minutes. At 7am. Every fiber in my body tries to convince me every morning, that I'm not supposed to get up until 9am. *sigh*

Hopefully they will have fixed my conrtact so we can get it signed today, and then I can call the payment office and have them trensfer this months pay. I'm kinda very broke.

And today is a wonderful day. Work ends at 3pm (haha, as if we're ever done by then), and then I have to stick around for 3 hours because of a meeting. On days like these I wish I had a car. Or at least lived closer to my workplace.

Professur

I can't complain. Even when I've had crappy bosses, I've still had an enjoyable job. I've had exactly one customer in twn years that I wouldn't return to work for.... and his boss got him outta the office when they wanted me back.

rrfield

I can't complain really either. My boss is a good guy, my co-workers pretty much leave me alone and let me do my thing, pay isn't outstanding but it is very fair. Only complaint I have is the work isn't challenging enough (for now...changes could be coming!).