*burp*

tonksy

i just polished off 2 pounds of mussels steamed with white wine, garlic, and peppered tomatoes with a large slab of rustic rosemary bread.....not to mention the carton of stuffed grape leaves that rob surprised me with from his trip to the local fancypants market. i have achieved culinary nirvana.

And here I sit wondering idly how stroganoff can be so tasty yet so very much resemble vomit.

Leslie said:
And here I sit wondering idly how stroganoff can be so tasty yet so very much resemble vomit.

May I advise you to chew your food better. Those chunks really hurt coming back up.

tonksy said:
I should be saying this sometime around midnight tomorrow, instead of the standard "happy new year!". A couple of friends and I are making a round of appetizers -- grilled chicken satays with peanut sauce, grilled shrimp cocktail, pepper-crusted steak with horseradish cream on grilled garlic crostini, ahi poke, spanikopita, guacamole and salsa with chips, molten chocolate cakes, and topping it all off with champagne.
explode.gif

abooja said:
I should be saying this sometime around midnight tomorrow, instead of the standard "happy new year!". A couple of friends and I are making a round of appetizers -- grilled chicken satays with peanut sauce, grilled shrimp cocktail, pepper-crusted steak with horseradish cream on grilled garlic crostini, ahi poke, spanikopita, guacamole and salsa with chips, molten chocolate cakes, and topping it all off with champagne.
explode.gif
mmm...spankopita. :licklips:

abooja said:
It's a simple enough recipe, and I can get around five different varieties of phyllo dough within two blocks of here.
i can get it but i've not found any that rob can eat with his allergies and i try not to be cruel and make things he can't eat (except for the xmas goodies). i get it at a greek pizza joint we frequent though. :D

tonksy said:
i can get it but i've not found any that rob can eat with his allergies and i try not to be cruel and make things he can't eat (except for the xmas goodies).
Yeah, I have that exact same issue with someone I know. No corn, nuts, beans, seeds or their oils or extracts. Very trying.

abooja said:
Yeah, I have that exact same issue with someone I know. No corn, nuts, beans, seeds or their oils or extracts. Very trying.
yeah but not impossible. plus i have started paying more attention to the crap i put in my body.

tonksy said:
plus i have started paying more attention to the crap i put in my body.
I do too (except for the Cheez-Its and Pepperidge Farm Nantucket cookies and Tootsie Rolls and... :D). But I've got to have nuts in certain things. And corn. I suspect you two don't eat a lot of Mexican food.

abooja said:
And corn. I suspect you two don't eat a lot of Mexican food.

I started to wonder that as well, unc's allergie to corn must rule out most of our food.

abooja said:
I do too (except for the Cheez-Its and Pepperidge Farm Nantucket cookies and Tootsie Rolls and... :D). But I've got to have nuts in certain things. And corn. I suspect you two don't eat a lot of Mexican food.
i get mexican infrequently. usually from willy's californian-mexican. it's awesome but i'd kill for a chimichanga or some chile relleno....oh! and flan. rob misses mexican.

tonksy said:
i get mexican infrequently. usually from willy's californian-mexican. it's awesome but i'd kill for a chimichanga or some chile relleno....oh! and flan. rob misses mexican.

If you can't afford a trip to Phoenix, Sylvia's La Canasta GREEN CHILE WITH BEEF is actually better than sex. Order a dozen tortillas (sorrry Rob, you lose here). I grew up on La Canasta & have been known to drive to Phx to get more & to coerce my friends to overnight me some.

There is no better mexican restaurant than those in Phoenix. I've tried assorted places from coast to coast & nobody has ever beaten Phoenix.

*hasn't had anything vaguely Mexican in 5 years*

Even basic tortillas have a dusting of corn starch... so even the most basic fajita is off limits.

unclehobart said:
Even basic tortillas have a dusting of corn starch... so even the most basic fajita is off limits.
Damn, that sucks. Maybe you ought to get yourself a little tortilla press and start cranking out your own homemade. :confused:

Back