By the by -- bye bye

valkyrie

prolly because i suggested that jim stay away from .50bmg with respect to his political activities.

but let's look at the positive here.

all the petty scurrying and definitional masturbation in this thread certainly does salute jim's legacy!
definitional masturbation... HOT!!!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Grenades are far more effective against Zombies than a .50 cal. I would throw in a flame thrower but be careful how you use it. The Zombies will keep coming at you even if they are on fire.

flame thowers against zombies, what kind of idiot are you??

Instead of killing them you have creating walking Molotov cocktails.

and grenades? Puh-lease! What are you gonna do if they are within 20 feet of you, blow off your own legs?

what you need is an accurate rifle, with enough umph to penetrate the skull an smoosh the brain, even a .22 would suffice, also a handgun for tight spaces.

and a boomstick

shop smart, shop s-mart.

Cerise

Shoulder-fired Recoilless Rifles:

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/57m18.htm

57m18.jpg

viet99.jpg

My Tho, Vietnam. A Viet Cong base camp being destroyed. In the foreground is Private First Class Raymond Rumpa, St Paul, Minnesota, C Company, 3rd Battalion, 47th Infantry, 9th Infantry Division, with 45 pound 90mm recoiless rifle. (April 5, 1968)

Professur

and grenades? Puh-lease! What are you gonna do if they are within 20 feet of you, blow off your own legs?

what you need is an accurate rifle, with enough umph to penetrate the skull an smoosh the brain, even a .22 would suffice, also a handgun for tight spaces.

and a boomstick

shop smart, shop s-mart.

attachment.php

valkyrie

and a boomstick

shop smart, shop s-mart.
Pththth! A .22? In the skull? I'll leave the close-up-and-personal attack to you, Paul. I'm keeping my distance from the Zombies, thank-you-very-much. I'll be a good distance away from the Zombies with Bish, lobbing grenades. :D

Eventually the Zombie will be charred heaps of ashes, but you are right... you must be careful using the flame thrower with Zombies (I think I said that below, actually).

MrBishop

Pththth! A .22? In the skull? I'll leave the close-up-and-personal attack to you, Paul. I'm keeping my distance from the Zombies, thank-you-very-much. I'll be a good distance away from the Zombies with Bish, lobbing grenades. :D

Eventually the Zombie will be charred heaps of ashes, but you are right... you must be careful using the flame thrower with Zombies (I think I said that below, actually).

Lobbing? One does not 'lob' with a GMG... one cheers whilst watching the pink/green mist that is all that's left of said zombie as it floats away.

Professur

From what I'm reading, the RPG arms as soon as it's motor cuts in, about 10 feet from the launcher. It's the booster's shove that arms it. Better pray like hell that the main motor doesn't fail, eh?

MrBishop

and a boomstick

shop smart, shop s-mart.
You forgot about the box of old LPs and the Cricket bat :worship:

MrBishop

I wouldn't use an RPG against zombies anyway...what's the use of waiting till you see the whites of their eyes if their eyes are green and bloodshot?

Professur

Now, you see ... This is OTCENTRAL.

From a goodbye, to weapons nomenclature, to RPG ballistics. That's the way this place is supposed to be.

Professur

I wouldn't use an RPG against zombies anyway...what's the use of waiting till you see the whites of their eyes if their eyes are green and bloodshot?

Waiting to see the whites of their eyes is for muskets. You know ... those non-rifled long guns.