By the by -- bye bye

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Muskets - another weapon I wouldn't use against Zombies.

A blunderbuss? why not, available ammo.

If it is a full out class 4 invasion, scrounging would be your friend, and black powder might be easier to find than the exact ammo you need.

hence the boomstick, shotgun ammo is the most plentyful.

Professur

Anyone else see that show on Spike where they compared ancient warrior types? The Blunderbuss was what won it for the pirate against a medieval knight.

Deadliest Warrior, that was it.

MrBishop

A blunderbuss? why not, available ammo.

If it is a full out class 4 invasion, scrounging would be your friend, and black powder might be easier to find than the exact ammo you need.

hence the boomstick, shotgun ammo is the most plentyful.

Too slow to reload for muskets. A nice mace or a morning star doesn't need reloading. ;) Ditto for a nice 5lb hammer...though you will get tired eventually.

Professur

Are we discussing blood born pathogen Zombies or Voodoo Zombies?

Well, you can't rekill voodoo zombies. Scattering their bits is about the best you can do. Blowing up viral zombies would just spread it faster, but their gore is gonna be everywhere anyways.

Professur

OH! DAMN! SNAP!
George Romero!

IIRC, if you were bitten by a Zombie (Romero's pic) then you died from a fever (quickly) and became a Zombie yourself. That would point to a pathogen rather than Voodoo.

Perhaps, but the key was the bite. It was the bite, just like with Vampires that did it. Pathogen suggests that air-borne bits and splatter could infect you too. With Romero's zombies, the bite was necessary.

valkyrie

Perhaps, but the key was the bite. It was the bite, just like with Vampires that did it. Pathogen suggests that air-borne bits and splatter could infect you too. With Romero's zombies, the bite was necessary.
It's been a long time since I've rented that movie. It was radiation that caused the original Zombie horde to rise up. I don't think a bite was necessary to cause the dead to become a Zombie.