compound bows

Professur

Ah. That would be the leather finger protector thingy that I stuck in my pocket to start with. No, sir. I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
i started with tabs. then switched to bare finger. even on a compound. I eventually started using a mechanical release. I shot a recurve 50# for quite a while. I still prefer instinctive shooting, but nowdays with neon sights, peep, lip anchor and mech release i can be very deadly at 60 yards. Although i would never shoot a real animal at that distance, i did shoot competition at that distance.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I've heard some pretty good things about that Reflex, what kind of price you looking at for that?

PT

Here is a pic of my setup.

attachment.php

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
retail is 349.00 at cabellas, but i can get it local for about 75.00 less.
who is merlin made by. i havent heard of them before. I like the whisker setup, how does it handle feathers and a 4 fleatch right helical?

PT

Feathers and vanes do about the same. The helical hasn't been a problem from what I've heard, but it's really not necessary anymore with the speed of these bows. I've actually seen a guy shoot 5 inch groups with no fletchings at all from 20 yards.

Oh, and Merlin is made by, um, Merlin... :D

PT

My FiL has one like that in his shop, I've never shot it but drawing it just feels, well, weird. Supposed to be pretty good bows though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I have the PSE DeerHunter 2004. It's decent, cheap & came with many goodies.

29", 65# w/65% let off...not real good for long term standing & waiting.

Professur

I so wanted an Oneida, just for the looks, but I couldn't find anyone willing to ship to the GWN.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Let me guess...Expensive, high-powered, compound bow, and cheap-assed arrows. Never would've happened with a recurve because there is no 'sudden rush' once you get to the let-off point. Smooth release all the way through. Either that, or his 'rocket assisted arrow' had a flaw in the fueling system. Think I'll stay with aluminum...;)