compound bows

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
My guess is he did a few things wrong for this to happen. And gato this can happen with aluminum too. Once any carbon is "dented, cracked and the like" it should be trashed. Just like a golf club it will shatter once force is applied. He prolly never flexed the shaft like it states right on most shafts, had his hand positioned incorrectly, finger still on arrow when released.
Your correct in thinking that this prolly wouldnt have happened with a recurve.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
samcurry said:
My guess is he did a few things wrong for this to happen. And gato this can happen with aluminum too. Once any carbon is "dented, cracked and the like" it should be trashed. Just like a golf club it will shatter once force is applied. He prolly never flexed the shaft like it states right on most shafts, had his hand positioned incorrectly, finger still on arrow when released.
Your correct in thinking that this prolly wouldnt have happened with a recurve.

Usually the shaft will split before it'll splinter on a recurve. I have seen that happen before...

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
yep me too, specially the old wodden arrows. now that would have made a nice hole in his hand. solid wood shaft poking thru it. ouch....

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
There are a couple questions I have. That was his right hand. First of all, guess that makes him a lefty or his right hand would have been back by his right shoulder when he released, nowhere near the arrow. Ok, so he's a lefty. Contrary to popular belief, arrows don't just explode under normal circumstances. Don't get me wrong, I feel for him, but I really doubt this was just the fault of carbon arrows.

Professur

Did anyone click the link and read up?

BTW, my brother in law is right handed, but shoots lefty. It's all in the dominant eye, according to the teacher.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
PT said:
There are a couple questions I have. That was his right hand. First of all, guess that makes him a lefty or his right hand would have been back by his right shoulder when he released, nowhere near the arrow. Ok, so he's a lefty. Contrary to popular belief, arrows don't just explode under normal circumstances. Don't get me wrong, I feel for him, but I really doubt this was just the fault of carbon arrows.

I agree...perhaps he got a few bad ones. It can happen. I suppose we'll hear of a recall, a lawsuit, or a 'retooling' of the factory that made the arrows in the next few weeks...

Professur

Easton is supposedly shipping a new Al-over-carbon arrow that's supposed to be better than anything before it. Anyone seen anything of them yet?

PT

Not yet, I'll ask the father-in-law about them this weekend, although he usually stocks the Gold-Tips.

Professur

It's here, it's here. (Thank you again, GF, for all your help).

I'm the proud new owner of a 2000 Hoyt MT sport bow with Contender limbs. Now I just have to wait until Christmas to own it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
It's here, it's here. (Thank you again, GF, for all your help).

I'm the proud new owner of a 2000 Hoyt MT sport bow with Contender limbs. Now I just have to wait until Christmas to own it.

Now I know why you were praising up gf and saying she's such a good person :D AHA!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
well were I to play with your body, I'd be in real trouble, .... little girl.

I'm at the point where if you want to perceive me as young and tell me so then I take it as a compliment...ie.getting carded at the liqour store type young

PT

Back on Topic.

Sorry if you saw this Les. I picked the cleanest pic I had.