Crap!! U.S. life span shorter

Professur

A man threw his seriously ill wife four stories to her death because he could no longer afford to pay for her medical care, prosecutors said in charging him with second-degree murder.

According to court documents filed Wednesday in Jackson County Circuit Court, Stanley Reimer walked his wife to the balcony of their apartment and kissed her before throwing her over.

The body of Criste Reimer, 47, was found Tuesday night outside the apartment building, near the upscale Country Club Plaza shopping district.

Stanley Reimer, 51, was charged Wednesday. He remained jailed on $250,000 bond and was scheduled to be arraigned Thursday.

In the probable cause statement filed with the charges, police said Reimer was desperate because he could not pay the bills for his wife's treatment for neurological problems and uterine cancer.

Investigators said that Reimer was in the apartment when they arrived. He told them, "She didn't jump," but did not elaborate, they said.

Criste Reimer's caregiver told police she could barely walk and would not have been able to climb over the railing of the balcony, according to the probable cause statement.

Reimer's alleged motive emerged after several more hours of questioning, police said.

According to Jackson County Probate Court records, Criste Reimer had been in ill health for several years. Her weight had fallen to 75 pounds and she was partly blind.

According to the court records, she had no health insurance to pay for medical bills that ranged from $700 to $800 per week.

The Probate Court documents were filed in April, when Stanley Reimer petitioned to be allowed to sell personal property his wife owned in Wheeler County, Texas, for $20,000.

The documents listed her assets at approximately $6,700, with monthly income of $725 from oil royalties and Supplemental Security Income.

It was not immediately known if Stanley Reimer had an attorney.

Source

markjs

Banned
It there is no profit, there is no incentive. With no incentive there is no reason to waste 8-12 years of your life.

Lord know there is no reason to do anything other than greed is there? Doctors wanting to "help people"? What an incredible waste of time that would be! Thank god nobody does stupid altruistic shit like that! Publicly funded hospitals ought to be done away with....Wallets should be checked at the ER door and if the patient doesnt have cash or insurance they ought to be turned away at the door! Hell wallets should be checked before they are even loaded onto an ambulance, and if they can't afford to pay for the ambulance to have come in the first place the ambulance company should put a lien on their house or car!

markjs

Banned
Hey I got another idea! Maybe they should charge people to visit their loved ones in the hospital! How about like $3.99 a minute? Oh and also peole who can't afford medical care could sell their children into slavery to pay for services. They could go to work at these doctors mansions or caddying for them when they play golf.....Hell bypass sugery ought to be worth 3 or 4 generations of service from the peasant class!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You live in a country that gives more money & more time away, freely, than any other & yet to chose to not see the humanity that pours from our citizens & that should surprise me. It doesn't.

2minkey

bootlicker
that is the right response in certain (see above, possibly) cases; in other cases self-criticism springs more from a desire to see what is good become even better.

(i need not comment about the comparative worth, of, say, self-absorbed frogs&krauts.)

of course i'm not entirely sure what you're responding to, as

" This message is hidden because markjs is on your ignore list."

markjs

Banned
that is the right response in certain (see above, possibly) cases; in other cases self-criticism springs more from a desire to see what is good become even better.

(i need not comment about the comparative worth, of, say, self-absorbed frogs&krauts.)

of course i'm not entirely sure what you're responding to, as

" This message is hidden because markjs is on your ignore list."

How flatterring! Both he and Gato are such (edit:attack the argument, not the people -hobart) they can't even stand to look at my opinion! Score another one for me! :beardbng: *piss3* :finger:

markjs

Banned
My hats off to ya Gonz way to be a man!

I have no ignore list, nobody is capable of making me run from their opinion like that.

markjs

Banned
You live in a country that gives more money & more time away, freely, than any other & yet to chose to not see the humanity that pours from our citizens & that should surprise me. It doesn't.

I see plenty of it Gonz, and I see plenty of greed and arrogance pouring from some of our citizens as well. Diversity, that's America man!

Professur

I use the ignore list more to hide it's residents from me. Otherwise I spend half my time online enraged at the gross stupidity.

markjs

Banned
That's BS uclehobart....If I am on ignore how am I attacking them? You can't personally attack someone who isn't listening......And I stand by my original assement of them....

Professur

Take complaint of Mod/Admin activities to PM, Mark. Appeals go directly to Sam, again, by PM.

While your argument may have merit ... everyone else can still see it.

unclehobart

You can't use a candyass argument that it isnt a personal attack just because the other party choses not to read it. The other 40 people reading this surely can... and this is a collective protection rule for the civility of us all. You people are getting way outta line and I'm about to put the collective lot of you in a corner.

If you can't construct an argument without blowing off onto a rage tangent, don't say anything... you have already lost.
Do you think that you are going to change anyones mind by calling other people, per random example, a nazi cocksucking bulldyke? ... I daresay not.
Feel like youre being picked on? Youre not. Don't believe it? Tough cookies. Take it up with Sam if you think I'm doing a lousy job. I certainly take no pleasure in carving posts up. I've only had to do it 10 times in the last year... and mostly for spambots. Anyone is welcome around here regardless of ideology so long as they conduct themselves in a civil manner.

I would normally say this all in a PM... but I want the other agitators to see it too as it also applies to them.

markjs

Banned
You can't use a candyass argument that it isnt a personal attack just because the other party choses not to read it. The other 40 people reading this surely can... and this is a collective protection rule for the civility of us all. You people are getting way outta line and I'm about to put the collective lot of you in a corner.

If you can't construct an argument without blowing off onto a rage tangent, don't say anything... you have already lost.
Do you think that you are going to change anyones mind by calling other people, per random example, a nazi cocksucking bulldyke? ... I daresay not.
Feel like youre being picked on? Youre not. Don't believe it? Tough cookies. Take it up with Sam if you think I'm doing a lousy job. I certainly take no pleasure in carving posts up. I've only had to do it 10 times in the last year... and mostly for spambots. Anyone is welcome around here regardless of ideology so long as they conduct themselves in a civil manner.

I would normally say this all in a PM... but I want the other agitators to see it too as it also applies to them.

OK Point taken :worship:

spike

:idea:

Barring medical emergencies or hereditary illness---people are responsible for their own state of health---through nutrition, exercise, and making the right choices.

So your saying we should have universal healthcare for medical emergencies, hereditary illness, accidents, and any medical issue that wasn't brought on by lack of nutrition and exercise. I like that plan. :thumbup:

spike

Government controlled anything is bloated, inconsistent, full of red tape & improperly managed.

So would you like to put fire and police departments in the private sector and have them operate on a for-profit basis where they turn down calls that they can't make money off of instead of looking out for the health and safety of citizens?

It there is no profit, there is no incentive. With no incentive there is no reason to waste 8-12 years of your life. With no profit, the best go on to bigger & better things leaving the average & below average to provide your free healthcare.

Actually doctors in England, France, and Canada make quite a good living and provide excellent even sick people who they can't get large chunks of money from. So the salary incentive is there and there's more job satisfaction since they can just concentrate on making people healthy instead of profit.

With no profit, the pharmaceuticals have no reason to spend tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to research & develop new medicines. With no profit, most hospitals look like any & all county hospitalks in the country, overpopulated with patients & underpopulated with professionals.

Nope, they'd look like the quality hospitals in most industrialized nations with great professionals and low wait times.

Take your pick...socialized medicine with up to a 3 year wait for a heart bypass or private sector for profit where you can get in next week.

More like short wait for anyone on universal healthcare or getting turned completely and dying because you're a "high risk" in the private sector.

Inkara1

Nope, they'd look like the quality hospitals in most industrialized nations with great professionals and low wait times.

Everything I've ever heard about Canadian hospitals, from Canadians, says they don't have low wait times. Unless you're saying quality hospitals have low wait times, as opposed to non-quality hospitals... which would be just like good hospitals vs. bad hospitals in the US.

markjs

Banned
So would you like to put fire and police departments in the private sector and have them operate on a for-profit basis where they turn down calls that they can't make money off of instead of looking out for the health and safety of citizens?

That's BRILLIANT! Now I know where I can make my fortune once cons embrace this idea. That's some good thinking spike. Perhaps one of these guys round here can incorporate it into a campaign platform and run for office!