Did you respect her in the morning?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
1) Lighten up. You must be absloutely no fuckin' fun to hang around.

2) I don't think you have any right to assume shit. When I had pre-marital sex, I was careful about it, selective, and took steps to make sure no one else but the two of us had any involvement- i.e. no offspring. As a result, I have absolutely no regrets. It was fun, and I learned many things that have made my life with the one I chose to marry more fulfillling and enjoyable.

Go judge someone else.

AMEN!

Gotholic

HomeLAN said:
1) Lighten up. You must be absloutely no fuckin' fun to hang around.

I do not think sex is something to be taken lightly. I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way by expressing my opinion that everyone's virginity is something that should be cherished.

2) I don't think you have any right to assume shit. When I had pre-marital sex, I was careful about it, selective, and took steps to make sure no one else but the two of us had any involvement- i.e. no offspring. As a result, I have absolutely no regrets. It was fun, and I learned many things that have made my life with the one I chose to marry more fulfillling and enjoyable.

I learned about couples who regretted having sex to other people besides their spouse.

More "fulfilling" and "enjoyable"...sexually, right? Of course, there was just no way you could of learned to please your fiancée sexually after you married her.

Go judge someone else.

I say having sex before marriage is wrong and now I'm some kind of horrible judge? Why? Because I'm the only poster who said this here?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I think it is up to everyone to make up there own idea about sex, but goth you came off a bit preachy, what you do for you is ok, but it sounded like you where coming down on us for what we do, I respect your desicion to be a virgin, but you must respect mine not to be.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gotholic said:
Chasity is a great thing. I do not see how people could just give up their bodies to others who have no sacred union between them.

And there it is.

I bet you that pretty much any person here who has chosen to have sex before marriage would be willing to accept the fact that for YOU the right choice is to remain a virgin until marriage. I know that I see your point of view and although it is different than my own that doesn't make it WRONG for YOU in YOUR life. In your above statement though you're essentially telling the rest of us we're wack jobs for having sex before marriage. I don't call you a wack job for waiting so don't call me a wack job for choosing to have premarital sex.

Mare

Most definetely losing my virginity was harder! I was 16/17 and it was 30 below outside and we were in the cab of mack truck with no heat! Didnt work out needless to say, the guy knew I was a virgin so the next day we went to his house with another couple and went in his room, there was "MY SIGN". :D

First BJ, it seems like second hand.............. :lol2:

HomeLAN

Gotholic, if remaining a virgin works for you, more power to ya. If you;d said that and shut up, we'd have been fine.

Read your posts again. You not only didn't quit there, you took the opportunity to tell everyone who followed a different path that they were wrong, sinful, and quite probably headed for hell.

Keep that shit to yourself, M'kay?

Professur

HomeLAN said:
you took the opportunity to tell everyone who followed a different path that they were wrong, sinful, and quite probably headed for hell.

Aren't we? I'd hate to think I'd wasted all that effort.

greenfreak

I came in on this conversation waaaay too late. :D

I absolutely do not regret having sex with the others before Rusty. There were bad partners in there but there were also good ones who I think of fondly.

I did wait until I was with someone I loved before losing my virginity, and so did he. We were together for almost two years which, to a 17 year old, may as well be a lifetime.

Goth, if you want to wait, more power to ya. I've known many people who held their virginity in such high regard, right up until they lost it (before and after marraige). Once they did, they didn't think so highly of it anymore.

I never cherished virginity for virginity's sake but rather for my resolve to wait until I was in a love relationship that had a future. You really have no idea how enjoyable and wonderful it can be until you experience it. You talk about sex with such distaste, yet you have nothing to base it on.

I wouldn't want to defile my body through fornication.
I believe that sex is sacred and holy and should be reserved for marriage. only.
Those are pretty strong words. I find it a little humorous that you're talking about the same thing in both statements and the only thing that seperates them is a piece of paper, an hour on an altar and a guy in a robe to talk for a while.

Does your future spouse-to-be have to be a virgin too? That's gonna be tough. It's hard enough to find someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with, much less someone who is saving themselves for marraige.

But it's possible. I thought I would never find the man of my dreams who also didn't want to have children, but I did. That's right, no kids. The Catholic church looks down upon us for it. We are sinners for not intending to procreate and we're living in sin too. We're not even getting married in a church, or by any religious type person. But I am wearing white. :p

Winky

Gotholic just can't get laid.

just wait 20 years and you can be the 40 year old virgin

Hell my kid is 18 and has already de-flowered 5 virgins
(he had committed 1 year plus relationships with 3 of them)

they all still call him a friend

if you'd work on developing yerself
then mebbe you'd be ready to share this wonderful experience
with a young lady, until which time you've become more
than a snot nosed brat it IS best if you keep it in yer pants Sonny

Gotholic

paul_valaru said:
I think it is up to everyone to make up there own idea about sex, but goth you came off a bit preachy, what you do for you is ok, but it sounded like you where coming down on us for what we do, I respect your desicion to be a virgin, but you must respect mine not to be.

I did not mean to be condescending. I was just explaining why I remain a virgin.

Nixy said:
And there it is.

I bet you that pretty much any person here who has chosen to have sex before marriage would be willing to accept the fact that for YOU the right choice is to remain a virgin until marriage. I know that I see your point of view and although it is different than my own that doesn't make it WRONG for YOU in YOUR life. In your above statement though you're essentially telling the rest of us we're wack jobs for having sex before marriage. I don't call you a wack job for waiting so don't call me a wack job for choosing to have premarital sex.

Yes, the right choice for me is to remain a virgin. This is mainly because I’m a Catholic. It would be quite hypocritical of me to not save myself (yes, I’m aware of the many Catholics who do not wait until marriage). And so I was just explaining why I’m still a virgin.

You have different moral standards than I do. I was just explaining where I was coming from.

HomeLAN said:
Gotholic, if remaining a virgin works for you, more power to ya. If you;d said that and shut up, we'd have been fine.

Read your posts again. You not only didn't quit there, you took the opportunity to tell everyone who followed a different path that they were wrong, sinful, and quite probably headed for hell.

Keep that shit to yourself, M'kay?

You assume that I imply my reasons for remaining a virgin should also be yours. I apologize for coming on too strongly with my beliefs.

greenfreak said:
Goth, if you want to wait, more power to ya. I've known many people who held their virginity in such high regard, right up until they lost it (before and after marraige). Once they did, they didn't think so highly of it anymore.

Well, yeah, once it is gone then it is gone. But I think it would be more lovely giving it up to someone whom you are in love with and are committed to each other for life.

greenfreak said:
I never cherished virginity for virginity's sake but rather for my resolve to wait until I was in a love relationship that had a future. You really have no idea how enjoyable and wonderful it can be until you experience it. You talk about sex with such distaste, yet you have nothing to base it on.

You misunderstood me. I have such reverence for sex that I believe it should be with someone whom you are already committed in spending the rest of your life with.

greenfreak said:
Those are pretty strong words. I find it a little humorous that you're talking about the same thing in both statements and the only thing that seperates them is a piece of paper, an hour on an altar and a guy in a robe to talk for a while.

Well, you and I just have a difference in the value of marriage.

greenfreak said:
Does your future spouse-to-be have to be a virgin too? That's gonna be tough. It's hard enough to find someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with, much less someone who is saving themselves for marraige.

It would be great if she was a virgin. But I would not hold it against her if she was not.

Winky said:
Gotholic just can't get laid.

What an interesting and well thought out conclusion you have made.

Winky said:
just wait 20 years and you can be the 40 year old virgin

You can add too. You continue to impress me.

Winky said:
Hell my kid is 18 and has already de-flowered 5 virgins
(he had committed 1 year plus relationships with 3 of them)

they all still call him a friend

So, I’m supposed to be inspired by this? Do those girls know they are just another notch under his belt?

Winky said:
if you'd work on developing yerself
then mebbe you'd be ready to share this wonderful experience
with a young lady, until which time you've become more
than a snot nosed brat it IS best if you keep it in yer pants Sonny

Well, I have learned that I can’t get laid, in 20 years I will be 40, and I’m undeveloped. I think I might know more about myself now then I ever did before!

Winky

No problem anything else I can do for you

Mr Holier than thou

Well buddie that ain't no accomplishment
cuz I'm downright demonic!

AlphaTroll

Winky, my china, my ou, my bru, my connection.....I think one of my New Year's Resolutions should be to make a concerted effort to actually understand what on earth you are saying!