Dontcha just luv the religion of peace?

spike

I knew you would be jumping in right away to defend your Islamic bretheren.

Back in reality you'll notice that I didn't defend anything, just pointed out that fundie christians are also ridiculous. Professur also made a good point.

All fundies pretty much are ridiculous. You just like to ignore that.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Back in reality you'll notice that I didn't defend anything, just pointed out that fundie christians are also ridiculous.

So, instead of addressing the point being made, you point out the bad players on the other side. Nice avoidance tactic.

jimpeel

So, instead of addressing the point being made, you point out the bad players on the other side. Nice avoidance tactic.

The "Nuh-uh! They did it too." school of debating as it were.

You actually expected more? :rofl3:

spike

Actually I just widened the point because people like to hypocritically point out faults in one religion while ignoring those in others. It's a sort of avoidance tactic.

spike

The "Nuh-uh! They did it too." school of debating as it were.

Nope, it would be more accurate to say it's an "Uh-huh! And don't forget about these guys you hypocrit" train of thought. While you are using the "Pot calling the Kettle" school.

I didn't expect much from you though.

While we're on the topic of debating style though it seems like a good time to revisit and highlight your continued massive ignorance of logical debate.

Let's examine this gem:

"I knew you would be jumping in right away to defend your Islamic bretheren"

You went both Ad Hominem and Straw Man with that one. :laugh:

2minkey

bootlicker
All fundies pretty much are ridiculous.

nah, only the fundies over there are ridiculous. our own whackjobs are perfectly rational. especially if they are seethingly pro-gun and enjoy sex with minors in the name of jeapus.

hey jim, did you hear that freemasons run the country?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You actually expected more? :rofl3:

Yea, actually I do. I recall a time that there was some intense back & forth. But, at least, those folks knew how to point/counter-point as opposed to reverse parroting.