Dontcha just luv the religion of peace?

jimpeel

Why would Old Testament be a hole Jim? I'd love to hear this. :laugh:

Have you still failed to realize that everyone here is laughing at you for trying to link Christianity to the Old Testament? BC does not equal AD. Get it? :rofl:

spike

Wow, Jim thinks christians don't believe in the old testament....and he's trolling agin.

spike

Pointing out flaws in Christianity to compensate for Islam's flaws? Two wrongs don't make a right you know.

You are correct sir. All religions have been pretty freakin wrong. I wouldn't want to defend any of them.

chcr

Too cute for words
Wow, Jim thinks christians don't believe in the old testament....and he's trolling agin.
In my experience, virtually every follower of any religion makes up the rules and beliefs as they go along. Just an opinion but I'm far from the the only one to have noted it.

You are correct sir. All religions have been pretty freakin wrong. I wouldn't want to defend any of them.

My point exactly! ;) Just read this thread.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Ok, I wade in again.

Christians DO beleive in the old Testement. (Genesis - adam and eve, Exodus - Moses, Ten commandments) etc. Where the new testement, and the old testement are at odds, new testement wins.

Catholics ARE christians

n.

1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

well number 2 would knock most people off that list. Not all christians are catholics though.

There is no redemptive qualities for Radical Islam, like there is no Redemptive qualities for Radical ANYTHING (religion-wise). But Islam is a nice peaceful religion, hell they had education arts and a beautiful culture while the europeans of the time where an uneducated unwashed mass.

Laws of the old testement and christdom.

That depends on which branch of Christanity the person adheres to, and is one of the major divides between them all.

Some say all apply, with certain changes for historical context, except the death penalty part is waived do to Christ dying on the cross for the sins of the world

Some say Paul (the other one, not me) adjusted those laws, and some are to be followed, and some are disregarded, and it breaks down further there, some says the laws should be changed if Paul talked about them, to what he said, but all other parts of that law stay the same, some say if he contradicted any part of the law, the whole law is to be dismissed.

and some say the old laws to not apply at all due to the new convanent with Christ.

(I need to get my spell check back)

Thus spake the jewish aetheist.

Cerise

you said it, not me.

It depends on what your definition of is, is. *poke*

You're an intelligent man. Surely you have some knowledge of the goodness in Islam, in the manner it is being practiced and promoted by the Imams referred to in the OP, that is.

Cerise

Found it.

Whoops. Oh, sorry. :mope:

It's that "perpetuating the stereotype" thing again. :shrug:

Wright showed a jury clips of several videotapes in which the men each sat alone in front of a black flag inscribed with a message in Arabic.

In one, Umar Islam, 29, angrily wagged a finger at the camera, denouncing the U.S. and Britain for their role in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Palestinian territories.

``This is revenge for the actions of the U.S. in the Muslim lands and their accomplices - the British and the Jews,'' Islam said, wearing a black and white checkered headscarf.

Arafat Waheed Khan, 26, was seen in a clip of another tape wearing a similar headscarf and seated in front of the same flag.

``I say to the nonbelievers, as you bomb, you will be bombed. As you kill, you will be killed,'' Islam said in his message, referring to combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Abdulla Ahmed Ali, 27, said bin Laden had warned the West to expect carnage. ``Now the time has come for you to be destroyed ,'' he said.

Islam lambasted the British public, saying they deserved to suffer because they cared more about football and television soap operas than the plight of Muslims.

``Most of them are too busy watching 'Home And Away' and 'EastEnders,' complaining about the World Cup, drinking your alcohol, to care about anything,'' he said.

Wright told the jury Thursday that the group had expressed hopes of recruiting as many as 18 suicide bombers.

Seven United Airlines, American Airlines and Air Canada flights from London's Heathrow airport to Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Washington, Toronto and Montreal had been singled out for attack, he said.

Major disruption was caused to British airports and hundreds of flights were grounded when police arrested the suspects in August 2006.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7437658

capt.e60564b811384f65ae35f7998f10ba00.britain_airliner_plot_lon105.jpg

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It's that "perpetuating the stereotype" thing again.

Only if you think that every, or even most muslims are like that, those are the radical element.

Saying they represent Islam, is like saying Phelps represents Christianity.

spike

You're saying you can't just find a couple examples and then generalize billions of people?

But it's so simple that way and you don't need to think.

Cerise

You're saying you can't just find a couple examples and then generalize billions of people?

But it's so simple that way and you don't need to think.

You were the one saying this thread assumes to stereotype based on the information contained in the original post but you still haven't pointed out how you came to that conclusion. :shrug:

I'm not an apologist for radical Islam at all. This thread wasn't about "radical Islam" it was an attempt to stereotype the entire Muslim religion. Seems legit to point out how non-peaceful other religions are too huh?

Did you ever find another religion besides Christianity to illustrate your goal?

Or was your target Christianity?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Well it is usually christians who bring this religion of peace stuff up.

and that is how being stereotyped feels

spike

You were the one saying this thread assumes to stereotype based on the information contained in the original post but you still haven't pointed out how you came to that conclusion.

What are you missing exactly? The OP tried to stereotype a whole religion based on the opinions of one man. Read the title of the thread and the original post.

Did you ever find another religion besides Christianity to illustrate your goal?

Or was your target Christianity?

My posts covered the the jewish , catholics, and protestants. Not enough for you? I'm sure you could find some others without much trouble.

I'm still laughing about Jim's misunderstanding of the whole B.C./A.D. thing. :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Perhasps because, in reality, stereotypes are surprisingly accurate?