Dontcha just luv the religion of peace?

catocom

Spike, you aren't listening, and I don't know if I can explain it so you can understand.

There were like two sets of laws. "what you have to do" and "laws of what the penalty is"
Much like today, except the laws were though to be from God, some still do including me.

God have told them that death in this life was what was the required penalty,
much like the Muslims in some parts.
Jesus was saying the laws of what you are supposed to follow, were not to
be change by him, but the penalty laws were what he took on, so more people
could live in this life.

He basically made this more of what we call a 'humane' society.

spike

Spike, you aren't listening, and I don't know if I can explain it so you can understand.

I am listening and I'm replying with scripture to back up what I say.

There were like two sets of laws. "what you have to do" and "laws of what the penalty is"
Much like today, except the laws were though to be from God, some still do including me.

God have told them that death in this life was what was the required penalty,
much like the Muslims in some parts.
Jesus was saying the laws of what you are supposed to follow, were not to
be change by him, but the penalty laws were what he took on, so more people
could live in this life.

Basically you're saying that god changed his mind and decided that people didn't need to die anymore for not believing in him right? You haven't backed that up with any reference though.

However, I have given you several examples of church sponsored bible based murder showing that christian religions have still killed based on the bible since Jesus.

You have also shown nothing to indicate that the old testament "doesn't exist" you've just claimed that it's extra credit now. Obviously it does exist and Jesus said he did not come to destroy it.

Matthew 13:41-42
"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; {42} And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

spike

Anyone notice how certain people jump in this thread with no religious knowledge claiming to be christian, but don't act like Jesus would want at all. They just want to make a reservation by paying lip service "just in case".

Weird.

Cerise

Now there's a religion of peace.

muhimage11.jpg

Cerise

spike

When you are an apologist for radical Islam you enable it.

I'm not an apologist for radical Islam at all. This thread wasn't about "radical Islam" it was an attempt to stereotype the entire Muslim religion. Seems legit to point out how non-peaceful other religions are too huh?

spike

And they are taught by the christian churches as they are part of the bible. My point was it's the NEW testement that expouses heaven only for beleivers of christ.

Paul is right.

Whoever denies “that Jesus is the Christ” is a liar and an anti-Christ. 1 John 2:22

Christians are “of God;” everyone else is wicked. 1 John 5:19

The non-Christian is “a deceiver and an anti-Christ” 2 John 1:7

Anyone who doesn’t share Paul’s beliefs has “an evil heart.” Hebrews 3:12

False Jews are members of “the synagogue of Satan.” Revelations 2:9, 3:9

Gotta love this one. You're going to worship whether you want to or not. :laugh:

"Every knee, whether in grateful adoration or under compulsion, will then bow to Him" (Philippians 2:10-11)

catocom

Basically you're saying that god changed his mind and decided that people didn't need to die anymore for not believing in him right?

wrong
I never have and never will say God changed his mind.

right
people didn't have to die, or go to hell anymore...if they accepted that Jesus died for that reason.

That also is a reason Jesus gave his life.....and That fulfillment satisfied the
the doing away with the penalty laws.
Now the penalties are of man, not God.

catocom

Woah, you're going to go kill a ton of innocent children and animals? Awesome, where do I join up?

why do you ask questions like this, when you already have your preconceived ideas...Just to be condescending, and flame?

makes me feel like the 'caveman'

spike

wrong
I never have and never will say God changed his mind.

If god used to say that used to say that you should kill people that don't believe like you and now has a different position I would call that a change of mind.

right
people didn't have to die, or go to hell anymore...if they accepted that Jesus died for that reason.

If you don't accept Jesus than you still should die?

That also is a reason Jesus gave his life.....and That fulfillment satisfied the
the doing away with the penalty laws.
Now the penalties are of man, not God.

Any laws with penalties from the old testament are now null and void? Any reference to back up that claim?

spike

why do you ask questions like this, when you already have your preconceived ideas...

Nothing preconceived at all. The statement from the bible was that god would kill a bunch of innocent children and animals.

I guess my preconceived idea might have been that killing innocent children is wrong.

Cerise

I'm not an apologist for radical Islam at all. This thread wasn't about "radical Islam" it was an attempt to stereotype the entire Muslim religion.

The thread tries to stereotype an entire religion by pointing out an interview with Islamic extremists tied to the organization Al Muhajiroun which promotes " hatred to everything that is not Muslim."?

Please point out the sentence or paragraph that led you personally to conclude that the entire religion of Islam certainly agrees with the professed sentiment "I must have hatred to everything that is not Muslim."

Here's a bbc production on the cartoon protests:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/ne...mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2

The youtube interview with Choudary http://youtube.com/watch?v=maHSOB2RFm4
when he says it's OK to kill non-believers.

and more cartoon protests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kyNIevsIs

Seems legit to point out how non-peaceful other religions are too huh?

Other religions? I see you refer to only ONE religion.

Instead of simply bashing Christianity, it would also be legitimate for you to point out how the practitioners of Islam are peaceful. :shrug:

Or by pointing to "other religions, too" are you agreeing that radicalized Islam is responsible for much of the death and destruction and terrorism going on worldwide today?

catocom

well, at this point I see no profit anywhere from continuing this conversation,
so I'll politely bow out.
Nothing constructive is being accomplished.:wave2:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Pointing out flaws in Christianity to compensate for Islam's flaws? Two wrongs don't make a right you know.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Pointing out flaws in Christianity to compensate for Islam's flaws? Two wrongs don't make a right you know.

Depends. To some they do. In fact, to some it's the entire crux of every discussion they choose to participate in. Somehow they have come to believe that if they can just somehow hint that they are LESS wrong, they're right. This can generally be attributed to the realization that their own esposed beliefs are so full of manure that no rational person could ever fall for them. Therefore, they engage in the time honored tradition of making themselves larger by tearing down everyone else. It's all they got left. When you have no significant accomplishments of your own, you're left with the option of minimizing everyone else's to compensate. Might have something to do with penis envy, but not being a Freudian acolyte I can't say for certain.

Not naming any names, mind you. Just an observation on the general condition of humanity.

chcr

Too cute for words
Yea, my paternal family is Catholic. The fact that I didn't hear it means that it's not a universal truth. It may still be way too prevalent though.
Well, it was certainly prevalent among the Irish folk I grew up around. Evidently your folk were more tolerant.

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure only the hardcore fundamentalists actually stick to it anymore and I don't know if it's taught now. I've been away a long time.

I never got the whole Catholics aren't Christians thing. Where do they think most of the Christian religions sprang from?

Martin Luther?

Cerise

Somebody reveal the goodness in radical Islam to point out there's no basis to whine about it......

.......Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock people, time's tickin' away.....

Can I get a goddaymn, yeah?