Drug War in Mexico

Winky

Win the Drug War in Mexico!

citizenship under the 14th wasn't granted to illegal aliens
until 1982 and it was done by one of them activist judges
that needs to be reversed immediately

MrBishop

Tires cant move people, why do bother making them?

It because we use tires as part of system that is capable of moving people and objects.

A fence will reduce the flow considerably. Why can't we then develop a second fence by driving solid sensored rods 200 feet down into the ground, it too would help.

Add a few AWACS and some other type of patrols and sensors -- we can reduce the flow to 5% or less than what it is today.

Snipers! That'll do it. Minefields. Tactical nukes in border towns.

MrBishop

I find it funny how you extract all that from my statement.

Typical.

Thought that I'd join you on the slippery slope this one time. Get first in line.

I'm trying to point out that the fence is not going to be a solution, no matter how heavily it's manned. The question should be, what's driving Mexicans across the border into America?

40 years ago, I would've said 'poverty' and the promise of streets of gold in America.
20 years ago, I would've said poverty, human rights issues and drugs/prostitution trade (The first 2 pushing people away from Mexico and the latter two pulling people towards the USA)
10 years ago to present it's the cartels, the drug war and the corruption in gvt that's pushing people to cross the border

It's safer to defy the laws, the wall, the armed guards and vigilantees than it is to stay in Mexico.

Lend Calderone the troops returning home from Iraq. 150,000 well-armed troops, jets, smart-bombs etc...should be able to do short work of the cartels. Give'em the thumbs up..tell'em 'no holds barred'. I'm exagerating, of course.

But how far is it to what's being bandied about here?

Winky

Mexico 3rd world cesspool

well there sure is a constant in all yer beliefs there ol Bishy

The U.S. can not stop an illegal invasion no matter what

in fact it hasn’t even the right too

Much less deport the millions here already

Right?

ResearchMonkey

I see fences almost everywhere I go, maybe they're not perfect, seems they are quite effective.

whitepicketfence.jpg

catocom

See...this war isn't just in Mexico, or just on the border.
Their reach goes all the way up.
Why else would they just have a quiet voice vote on a 600mil bill?

House Approves $600M For More Drones, Agents at U.S.-Mexican Border
The House passed the bill by an unrecorded voice vote after brief debate. The Senate passed an identical bill last week by unanimous consent. But senators must act again, for technical reasons, before sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/10/house-approves-m-drones-agents-mexican-border/

The old "silver, or lead" rule is being pressured....believe it.

Gotholic

Fences? I will tell you the most effective solution. In some countries if you are caught stealing they will cut off one of your hands. If you are caught stealing again then they caught off the other hand. There is no third offense.

Now, if we caught off one of the legs of those who were caught here illegally then deport them, I doubt they will try to come back in. However, if they somehow manage to hop their way back in then their other leg is cut off.

Problem solved. ;)

MrBishop

Luckily, I didn't post pics of ovens, or showers... just the trains used to move people from one area to another before internment camps.

You think you're going to fit 13million illegals into VIA rail's executive boxcars?

Winky

OK Bish your position is clear

open borders
no deportation

but I gotta warn you and I say this from personal
experience living here in Phoenix Arizona

this leads to the curious situation listed above

It creates an insane condition where people who by their
illegal status are immune to our laws

they are also afforded rights not available to
actual citizens

It makes no sense at all

MrBishop

If we only had a big-ass'd fence to slow this invasion of foreign nationals.

If only we didn't reward criminals by offering citizenship to their children illegally born here.

Here ya go. Not exactly a 'big-ass fence', but more border security

US President Barack Obama has signed into law a $600m (£385m) bill providing increased security along the US-Mexico border.

The US Senate had reconvened on Thursday during its August recess to pass the measure.

The funds will mostly be directed to activities on the south-west border, such as hiring 1,000 border patrol agents.

Money will also pay for surveillance technology, including unmanned drones.

A further 250 immigration and customs enforcement agents will also be funded by the bill.

"This new law will also strengthen our partnership with Mexico in targeting the gangs and criminal organizations that operate on both sides of our shared border," Mr Obama said in a statement after the bill passed on Thursday.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told reporters that it would take eight months for the new border patrol agents to be recruited, trained and deployed to the border.

She also said that border crossings into the US were down 50% as a result of extra security and a weakened economy with fewer jobs for migrants.

Republicans and Democrats agreed to pass the bill on Thursday by a "voice vote", requiring only two senators to be present.

Senator Ben Cardin, Democrat of Maryland, presided while Senator Chuck Schumer, Democrat of New York, voted in the 40-minute session.

Mr Schumer, the measure's chief sponsor, hopes it will pave the way for comprehensive immigration legislation to be considered after the August recess.

"Both moderate Democrats and Republicans said they wouldn't even consider comprehensive reform until we did something about the border," Mr Schumer said.

Some Republicans appear unsatisfied though, with Senator Jeff Sessions calling the bill "a small measure" which "if it is not followed by strong, sustained action, it is yet another gesture without consequence".

The $600m will be paid for by raising fees on some foreign work visas.

Thursday's session was only the second time in four decades that the Senate has been called back into session during August. The other time was to pass emergency measures related to Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

ResearchMonkey

Great, an increase of 5% in border guards and some unarmed toys. Surely that'll fix the problem.

What the left wants is to have assets that be neutered ineffective by policy from the top. It's just a dog and pony show, an illusion to appear like something is being done.

Here, lets look at whats happening with ICE.
  • While ICE reports internally that more than 90 percent of ICE detainees are first encountered in jails after they are arrested by local police for criminal charges, ICE senior leadership misrepresents this information publicly in order to portray ICE detainees as being non-criminal in nature to support the Administration's position on amnesty and relaxed security at ICE detention facilities.
  • The majority of ICE ERO Officers are prohibited from making street arrests or enforcing United States immigration laws outside of the institutional (jail) setting. This has effectively created "amnesty through policy" for anyone illegally in the United States who has not been arrested by another agency for a criminal violation.
  • ICE Detention Reforms have transformed into a detention system aimed at providing resort like living conditions to criminal aliens. Senior ICE leadership excluded ICE officers and field managers (the technical experts on ICE detention) from the development of these reforms, and instead solicited recommendations from special interest groups. The lack of technical expertise and field expertise has resulted in a priority of providing bingo nights, dance lessons and hanging plants to criminals, instead of addressing safe and responsible detention reforms for non-criminal individuals and families. Unlike any other agency in the nation, ICE officers will be prevented from searching detainees housed in ICE facilities allowing weapons, drugs and other contraband into detention centers putting detainees, ICE officers and contract guards at risk.
Those are excerpts, heres the vote of no confidence memo.

ice1c.jpg

ice228129.jpg

Why are you so strongly against a physical barrier? Physical barriers work, try walking though a wall in your house.

MrBishop