Drug War in Mexico

spike

Yes. Exactly.

In short, the annual federal budget process begins with a detailed proposal from the President in February; Congress next develops a blueprint called a budget resolution that sets limits on how much each committee can spend (or reduce revenues) over the course of the year; and the terms of the budget resolution are then enforced against individual appropriations, entitlement bills, and tax bills on the House and Senate floors. In addition, Congress sometimes uses a special procedure called “reconciliation” to facilitate the passage of deficit reduction legislation or other major entitlement or tax legislation. Finally, a companion PAYGO rule helps ensure that tax cuts and entitlement increases are paid for and do not add to the deficit.

Winky

99j79g.jpg

The Osama administration has released new deficit numbers.

The deficit for fiscal year 2009, which ended Sept. 30,
came in at a record $1.42 trillion, more than triple the record set just last year.

In addition, future deficits are currently projected to total $9.1 trillion in the coming decade.

spike

Bush created the 2009 budget remember?

Fact check:

"Obama was essentially correct when he said he inherited a budget deficit of $1.3 trillion. Though the budget deficit for 2008 was a then-record $458.6 billion, the CBO issued a projection in January 2009, just days before Obama took office that the budget deficit would reach $1.2 trillion that year, before the cost of any new stimulus plan or other legislation was taken into account. "

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...obama-12-times-the-deficit-under-republicans/

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Great. This last budget was written & passed exclusively by Democrats.

spike

In short, the annual federal budget process begins with a detailed proposal from the President in February

^

I think what you're trying to say is that Winky should never consider the deficit Obama's responsibility. Even next year. Right?

spike

Bush did propose the budget you're bitching about. Funny how that worked against you huh? I imagine you're going to change back to "deficits don't matter" like Cheney now.

ResearchMonkey

Unfortunately, it's obama whom are forced to rely on to improve this situation-- and we all know he's going to only make it much much worse.

ResearchMonkey

So we agree fences work, good.

Now lets make a mammoth sized fence oving every inch of land between the USA and Mexico. -- for starters.

Winky

Mexico wins the U.S. loses.

Do you know what the penalty is for crossing that particular fence?
Trust me, no one even thinks about it.

spike

So we agree fences work, good.

Nope, not very effective.

"Some $2.4 billion has been spent since 2005 on a still-unfinished project to erect more than 600 miles of new fence along the US-Mexico border – a finding that is being met with surprise, anger, and consternation by immigrant groups and at least some border residents.

A report, released Thursday by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), also says $6.5 billion will be needed to maintain the new fencing over the next 20 years. So far, it has been breached 3,363 times, requiring $1,300 for the average repair."

Winky

Mexican sluidge washing over our borders.

After what I saw happen to Phoenix.
That’s a freaking bargain. You’d recoup the
cost in the first two years.

spike

How would you recoup the cost?

Do you know what the penalty is for crossing that particular fence?
Trust me, no one even thinks about it.

What's the penalty for that particular fence exactly?

Winky

Jesus Christ Spike
You are worse than a 5 year old.
Daddy Daddy why is the sky blue?
Why are your pants down?
Why don't you want me to tell mommie?

Ask me 'nother question and Ka-boom it's
to the moon Alice! To the Moon.