Drug War in Mexico

ResearchMonkey

Build it double TALL, double STRONG and build it TWO rows DEEP. Leave a 20m wide kill box, there's your penalty.

It's a bargain!

spike

Ask me 'nother question and Ka-boom it's
to the moon Alice! To the Moon.

Oh, you indicated you knew there was a penalty and what it was so I was interested. Turns out you don't know anything about it. Maybe you meant to say "don't trust me" instead of "trust me"?

Winky

Mexico is a sludge filled cesspool you'd protect yourself

Mommie why is that strange man trying to
put his hands in my pants?

valkyrie

So we agree fences work, good.

Now lets make a mammoth sized fence oving every inch of land between the USA and Mexico. -- for starters.
RM, you're kidding yourself if you think a fence between Mexico and the US would stop people from crossing the border. These fences are cut all the time. I would prefer my tax dollars not wasted on solutions we know have failed in the past.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
RM, you're kidding yourself if you think a fence between Mexico and the US would stop people from crossing the border. These fences are cut all the time. I would prefer my tax dollars not wasted on solutions we know have failed in the past.

It's better to present no solution, or one with holes (no pun intended) than to do something, however temporary, until a more permanent solution can be had?

Winky

3rd world cesspool
Which is what happened to vast areas of Phoenix following
Reagans amnesty in the 80's, I lived it and you all will too.

Viva La Raza
Viva Aztlán

spike

It's better to present no solution, or one with holes (no pun intended) than to do something, however temporary, until a more permanent solution can be had?

How about going after the employers of illegals and stop the motivation for coming here?

Maybe do something effective instead of wasting a shit ton of tax money.

Winky

Yup it's all the fault of those evil business men.
Your side is so predictable it's boring me to tears.

That is the one measure that causes harm to an innocent party
the business man and does nothing to stop the problem
which is what your side wants anyway.

An illegal alien is illegal they are the lawbreakers
not the quote unquote business men that provide jobs
Oh yes destroy capitalism it is evil!
Then who will pay the taxes to fund you utopian workers paradise?

shaddup

valkyrie

Chasing your own tail is just a waste of time and resources. There are better solutions but no one wants to address them because of the political climate.
Amnesty: no!

It doesn't take a genius to see our current system needs an overhaul.

They keep coming for the jobs. So why not make that work for us. If we could document these temporary workers and tax their wages to pay for the program then our problem would be solved. These people aren't coming here for our IT jobs, their coming her to pluck chickens and mow lawns. Those are jobs I don't want to do. So let them do them, but register them as temporary workers so we know who's coming in.

valkyrie

Yup it's all the fault of those evil business men.
Your side is so predictable it's boring me to tears.

That is the one measure that causes harm to an innocent party
the business man and does nothing to stop the problem
which is what your side wants anyway.

An illegal alien is illegal they are the lawbreakers
not the quote unquote business men that provide jobs
Oh yes destroy capitalism it is evil!
Then who will pay the taxes to fund you utopian workers paradise?

shaddup
Those employers put out fliers in Mexico to lure them to the US for what the Mexicans see as higher wages than they could ever earn in their own country. It is their fault and if it is illegal to hire an undocumented worker then those employers should be prosecuted as lawbreakers as well.

Gotholic

How about going after the employers of illegals and stop the motivation for coming here?

Maybe do something effective instead of wasting a shit ton of tax money.

Estimates of the cost per mile of a multi-layer state-of-the-art border fence similar to the ones in Israel (Gaza and the West Bank) range from $1 million to $3.7 million. Even at the upper end, that would total less than $8 billion – roughly the cost of four B-2 bombers.

The border security fences in Israel aren’t simple concrete block or chain link fences. They are multistage structures involving barbed wire rolls, heavyduty metal fencing, ditches, patrol roads, closed-circuit television cameras and motion detectors, roughly fifty yards wide. They have been shown to reduce 90% of the previous level of terrorist attacks – and those are people who consider suicide missions as an honorable undertaking.

Source

Winky

Oh gee I’m a five year old
(try fifty one sis)
I haven’t watched what has gone on in this
country over the decades?
It’s not like I live in Phoenix Arizona er sumthin’ ?

It’s illegal to hire an illegal
It’s illegal to cross illegally into the United States
It’s illegal to be in this country illegally
It’s illegal to steal someone’s identity, use their SSN
and hold a job in this country.
It’s illegal to drive without a driver’s license
(unless of course you are an illegal)
It’s illegal to drive without auto insurance in Arizona
(unless of course you are an illegal)

Then when we passed AZ Bill 1070 to try to enforce
just some of these laws

We became the illegals.

They are going to ram thru another amnesty
don’t doubt that for one freakin’ millisecond.

Winky

Legalize everything!

America does not have the right to protect is own border.
America does not have the right to decide who lives here or not.
America does not have the right to espouse it’s own culture and traditions
as that would be considered racist.

But any sumbitch that can get his ass onto our soil has a right
to all the rights of our citizens and does not have to have one whit of allegiance
to out country.

I say poppycock!

spike

Those employers put out fliers in Mexico to lure them to the US for what the Mexicans see as higher wages than they could ever earn in their own country. It is their fault and if it is illegal to hire an undocumented worker then those employers should be prosecuted as lawbreakers as well.

Exactly, if we went after the employers hard they would have to stop hiring illegals. If there were no jobs for illegals there wouldn't be much motivation to come here.

Construction, meat processing, and agriculture are probably some of the biggest offenders.

Obviously the price of meat, produce, and construction would go way up and a lot of people aren't going to like that.

Winky

We’d reap a ten X bounty in it’s first year of operation.
Not to mention the increase in the street price of illicit drugs?